I somehow survived Celine and Christina and my time in the desert but came back with a wicked cough and nonstop sneezes. Ain’t that how it always is? Enjoy a few days away, come back miserable.
In the absence of things I’m over-the-top excited about this week (no tastebuds will do that to you), here are a few things that have kept me smiling, in no particular order:
- Prepare Yourself, Because This Personality Quiz Is Gonna Read You Like A Book
- Fyre Festival Alum Andy King’s Hollywood Career Has Officially Begun
- 17 Beach Hacks That Are 841% Genius
- Cast Your Vote: Doodle for Google
So I’m back in NYC this week — for work, but more importantly — to celebrate my work wifey’s wedding! It could be the copious coffee, this electrifying city or a combination of both, but here’s what I’m feeling:
- Earth Day: I know y’all were thinking green on 4/20 but how about you go a step further and do something good for the environment today? Then, reward yourself with this adorable quiz from Google to determine your spirit animal.
- Via: For all you lovelies who are tired of Uber surges in NYC, check out Via — you can go anywhere between 14th and 110th Street, Monday to Friday, 630 a.m. to 930 p.m. for a fraction of the price! Use my friend’s promo code justine4w6 for a $10 credit 🙂
- Obao: It’s no secret that New York has some of the most delicious food in the country, but I experienced Obao last night and was just blown away. From phenomenal pho to incredible desserts and impeccable service, it’s no wonder this place is so popular.
- “Up” – Olly Murs f. Demi Lovato: A co-worker got me hooked on this song, which is just brimming with positivity. I never considered myself a Demi Lovato fan, but the little lady has quite the pipes to support Olly’s smooth singing.
I hate to break it to you guys, but I am sick, sick, SICK. And since I had to Google “Why am I sweating?” at 730 this morning, I don’t think I’m quite in the right state of mind to offer any recommendations.
Instead, please enjoy Gloria Estefan’s “Conga,” which has inexplicably been in my head for 12 hours.
Hope to be back at it soon — peace and blessings!