I’ve been in a real funk lately, and it has nothing to do with the homeless man who harasses me twice a day. What better excuse than to find some distractions until I can “figure it out”?
- White Elephant in the Room: A dear friend recommended this tumblr after my dad died. It chronicles a young widow’s process for grief, guilt and everything in between. The writing is beautiful and REAL —and I just ordered my copy of the accompanying book.
- “Top Chef: New Orleans”: My favorite reality show returned last week, so my draft picks are in and I’m ready to beat Cosmo (again). I can’t wait to see how Emeril will challenge these chefs in his neck of the woods. BAM!
- AOII Goes Blue: My sorority’s philanthropy efforts focus on Arthritis Research & Education, with events nationwide that raise money and awareness for the cause. If you’re not near a college campus with AOII, consider donating directly.
- #lovewillwin: So that awesome DC wedding I went to last week? Yeah, it was kind of a big deal. Check out this ABC news story covering the last-minute scramble — and gift from God —to let a fantastic couple celebrate their marriage.
Fall! October! Orange! Pumpkin! … What is it about this month that makes everyone lose their collective shit? Clearly, I’m not one of those people.* Riiiight.
- MY NIECE!: Yes, this is an all-caps situation. Allison Marie was born last Thursday at 7:56 p.m. Both she and my sister-in-law are doing well, and I can’t wait to see them (and Brother, too) soon!
- These Boots: Even though NYC’s weather isn’t cooperating, every new season requires new shoes. These Bandolino rider boots were 40% off with my discount, so of course I needed them in two colors.
- Leah & Sam’s Wedding: My dear friend celebrates her marriage Saturday, and I’m thrilled to be there for her. We’ll take in the Washington sites (possibly), and eat and drink for days (definitely). Speaking of DC …
- The Government Shutdown: OK, I’m obviously not thrilled to see Congress implode. But Jon Stewart’s rant below is pretty damn entertaining, and Jimmy Kimmel reveals just how clueless so many are. Shocking, I know. Whatever your stance, it can’t be argued: The downward spiral of American politics continues.
Poor quality, but the original one is no longer available.
*Did you count how many of those very things I featured? Amateurs.