It’s been a whirlwind week, to say the least. While some of my closest friends here have announced their impending departures to other cities, I’ve also heard from friends afar about their plans to relocate here. “Bittersweet” doesn’t even come close to describing it.
In the meantime, I haven’t been able to corral my thoughts into my regular weekly wrap-up. I’m excited about the 10-minute “Love Actually” sequel; I still haven’t watched this year’s GRAMMYs (a first for me!); I’m loving this new mani color and I can’t stop listening to “Different for Girls” by Dierks Bentley f. Elle King.
To say I’m all over the place is an understatement.
Couple that with Valentine’s Day (do you see what I did there), social commitments, some potential moves of my own, and I’m in a frenzy to keep it all together.
So in the wake of a formal WO, please enjoy these images of the ultimate Galentine, Leslie Knope. Xoxo 💕
I made the executive decision to not do a GRAMMYs post this year for a few reasons — please, hold your applause till the end:
• The show is on delay for West Coast viewers, so my recap would go up at approximately 2 a.m. EST (and be old news by then)
• I can’t go on social media without seeing all the spoilers, and I’m pretty grumpy about it
• It makes zero sense to me that the Super Bowl aired live but the GRAMMYs aren’t
• My computer is essentially dead for God knows what reason this time
So you see, I really didn’t have much choice! I know you’re disappointed; you’ve waited all year for this post to happen.
Please accept this peace offering as a sign that I never meant to hurt you, girl. There’s always next year, right?
Between GRAMMY Awards, the pope resigning, Mardi Gras and Ash Wednesday, it’s already been an eventful week! Oh, and VD Day is tomorrow. Joy of joys — I’ll be celebrating this Galentine’s Day with my truest loves: Mark West and ’90s rom-coms.
- This Article: Many thanks to Thought Catalog for providing “15 Things to Keep Doing In Your 20s,” an undeniably selfish manfiesto for my generation to follow. Because we only get this decade to use “figuring it out” as an excuse.
- Macy’s Go Red: Use hashtags for good and tweet, pin, post or share something red with #MacysGoesRed. Macy’s will donate $2 to the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women cause every time — up to $250,000.
- “Bossypants”: Of course, Tina Fey is synonymous with smart humor. I finally got around to reading her much-celebrated book and devoured it in two short sittings. If you haven’t already, treat yo’self to it!
- Kid Weatherman: Just try to make it through this delightful forecast without bursting into laughter. My personal favorite? His enthusiasm for the upcoming Cub Scout winter camp weekend.