I have about an hour of energy left in me today, which is reserved especially for a wonderful co-worker’s farewell celebration. Alas, the show must go on:
- The Radio City Rockettes: I mentioned a few weeks ago how my family was going to see the ever-iconic Radio City Rockettes while visiting New York, and let me tell you, it was worth the 30-year wait. From the incredible choreography to the set design, it was one breathtaking scene after another. My faves? The toy soldier fall and live nativity scene were tops.
- A Life-Changing Letter: Get the tissues ready. This letter, penned by the terminally ill 27-year-old Holly Butcher, will make you rethink everything. From finances to traffic, from cake to Christmas presents, Butcher outlines all of the things on her mind as her battle with cancer came to a close. Even recapping it now, I’m misty-eyed. Seriously, you don’t want to miss this.
- “I, Tonya”: Something else you don’t want to miss? This Golden Globe–winning look at the scandal that rocked the professional sports — and 24-hour news — world in 1994. I remember watching it unfold as an elementary school kid then, and I’m even more fascinated by it now. If nothing else, you can’t look away from Allison Janney and Margot Robbie’s insanely believable… insanity.
- “Pitch Perfect 3”: That’s right, guys. I went a whole 18 months without seeing a movie in theaters and then saw two in just a few weeks’ time. Yes, it’s a little silly. Yes, it’s a little cheesy. And yes, you will enjoy the ridiculous end to the Barden Bella saga. C’mon, you know you want to!
Are you ready for some life-changing obsessions this week?! You are?! Hint: This will not include the anger-inducing “schedule” feature on WordPress, since it failed me so hard last week.
Anyway, get set — this is not a drill.
- Hoisin Chicken Stir-fry: I haven’t been shy about professing my love for Blue Apron. And despite some ingredient issues recently, including with this very meal, it’s my go-to for creating delicious dishes. I couldn’t give this any more than five stars, but I would if I could. Check out the recipe here and let me know if you’re as in love as I am.
- Silencing FB Live: If you’re suffering an endless slew of Facebook Live notifications, you’ve wondered, no doubt, how to make them stoppp. I was only seeing the option in-app to turn off individual notifications, but there’s a way to do it from the ol’ desktop that takes two seconds and will save a million headaches. Dramatic, much? This article explains.
- Magz’s Birthday: It’s my favorite mom’s birthday today, and as she celebrates (undisclosed number here), I have to reflect on how much she’s impacted my life. From keeping our family together during tough times to answering all of my “how to adult” questions, Magz is deserving of a gold medal and a fantastic year ahead. Cheers!
- “Starving” – Hailee Steinfeld & Grey f. Zedd: I heard this song on Spotify a few times without realizing how often it’d get stuck in my head after. You may recognize Hailee from “True Grit,” “Pitch Perfect” or the upcoming “The Edge of Seventeen.” Turns out, her pipes sound even better with a little pop-funk in the background.