If you’re new around here, you may not know Halloween is my favorite holiday (besides my birthday, which is an actual holiday, not just a holiday because I say it’s one). But, I digress.
- Halloween!: Duh duh duh. The 31st of October will forever be one of my favorite days of the year. I’m not into horror or zombies or any of the gross stuff, but the costumes and candy and festivities give me liiife. If anyone tries to fight me and say Christmas starts now, I will throat punch you.
- The Notorious RBG: This year’s costume for funsies was none other than the Supreme Queen herself, Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I was inspired by these memes and the record year she’s having, plus I already had a few of the pieces. If nothing else, I hope I did her justice.
- The T-Birds: My genius SF team dreamed up this nostalgic costume, complete with inflatable tires and cling wrap and a soundtrack. While we placed 3rd in the office costume contest, I know we’re No. 1 in reality. #BitterPartyOfOne In all seriousness, though, I live for the office hi-jinx and today’s party was no different.
- “Thriller” – Michael Jackson: I had to look through the archives to confirm I hadn’t already covered this creepy classic. You don’t need to know the moves to know this is an all-time, year-round hit. I usually skip before it gets to the chilling laugh at the end, but once a year, I allow it to play all the way through.
It’s my favorite holiday — aside from my birthday, which is an actual holiday — but I digress. So, it’s only fitting I share this year’s costumes.
Yes, you read that right. I had both a personal and “professional” costume this year — not profesh like “Look at that boss lady,” but rather joining my team’s idea instead of doing my own thing for once.
I think that’s called personal growth.
A real-life fidget spinner in the wild. I hate the trend but couldn’t ignore it.
Part of my SF team appearing as the “Stranger Things” kids!
However you’re celebrating tonight, have fun and be safe! #Boo!
It’s one of the best days of the year, pumpkinheads!
I took a few years off from really celebrating, but I think this year’s costume may be my best yet. It wouldn’t have been possible without the craftsmanship of my dear friend Sarah, and the fine folks at Center Hardware in SF.
However you’re celebrating this year, have safe and fun festivities. Cheers!
I thought it was Tuesday for most of the day, once again proving how great I am at being an adult and keeping track of anything.
On one hand, I thought I was being super proactive by figuring out my WOs a day ahead. On the other hand, I fear I’m slowly slipping into madness.
Let’s just get to the good stuff, shall we?
- Jen & Matt Getting Married: I’m heading to Florida this weekend to witness the nuptials of my dear sorority sister/former co-worker and her betrothed. I have no doubt it’ll be a beautiful day and I can’t wait to celebrate with them!
- This Ladybug: Adding to my excitement for this trip is the fact that I’ll finally meet my beautiful niece! She is clearly the cutest child to ever be born, and I can’t promise that she won’t be coming back to NYC with me.
- “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?”: After a few heavy reads, it was time for me to lighten up a bit and reread Mindy Kaling’s hilarious memoir. She is my muse, my everything!
- “Gorilla” – Bruno Mars: These WOs are nothing, if not random, so my only explanation for loving this song is that I’ve gone bananas. Did you see what I did there?
I learned rather quickly today the best and worst things about Halloween here in New York …
- BEST: You’re not sure if other people are in costume or their everyday attire.
- WORST: The guy dressed as “Cast Away” yelled at you for not giving him money.
- BONUS: He followed up with a rant about how he speaks American. Gotta love it.
Have a safe and happy Halloween! Here’s hoping the only spirits visiting you are 80 Proof — and enjoy this awesome playlist my co-worker made for the frightful night ahead 🙂
Happy Halloween weekend to all, from your friendly neighborhood insurance agent!
My plans consist of:
- Happy hours; yes, that’s meant to be plural
- “Hocus Pocus” — particularly for SJP’s finest work and the sisters’ rendition of “I Put a Spell on You”
- Football games (mostly yelling at the TV as my Fantasy dreams are squashed)
- Homemade caramel apples — not to be confused with candy apples, ick — if I can find any
What will you be for Halloween? And, where can I find a damn caramel apple?