I learned rather quickly today the best and worst things about Halloween here in New York …
- BEST: You’re not sure if other people are in costume or their everyday attire.
- WORST: The guy dressed as “Cast Away” yelled at you for not giving him money.
- BONUS: He followed up with a rant about how he speaks American. Gotta love it.
Have a safe and happy Halloween! Here’s hoping the only spirits visiting you are 80 Proof — and enjoy this awesome playlist my co-worker made for the frightful night ahead 🙂
My favorite month is coming to a close, and I’m nothing short of depressed. The best holiday of the year is tomorrow, but it will only be upstaged come Friday with Christmas countdowns and far-too-early fa-la-las.
So because I’m bitter (like my friend, Ben), I’m totally tapping out and just going to post the only thing on my mind:
Talk about #firstworldproblems. What costume are you wearing this year? Mine had mixed reviews — you can check it out here tomorrow! And Happy Hallo-week!
Halloween is the only holiday — besides my birthday (an actual holiday, not like every tween who thinks her random day of birth is celebrated worldwide) — for which I begin a countdown weeks prior. I love the costumes, candy and creative decor … despite being easily spooked and loathing scary movies.
Enter “Hocus Pocus,” the perfect Halloween movie.
The only real reason you need to watch it is, well, because it’s Hocus freaking Pocus. But in the event that you’re not yet convinced, BuzzFeed has put together 23 reasons why it’s the best Halloween movie of all time.
I’ve said it before, but SJP is in her best role ever here. Between her silly antics, Bette Midler’s teeth and Kathy Najimy’s crazy expressions, it’s cinematic magic.
Fun fact: When my DVR has a meltdown last year, I was most upset about losing this movie from my stored library. I promptly purchased the DVD that following day.
Hello, Sanderson sisters. Goodbye, productivity.
Happy Halloween weekend to all, from your friendly neighborhood insurance agent!
My plans consist of:
- Happy hours; yes, that’s meant to be plural
- “Hocus Pocus” — particularly for SJP’s finest work and the sisters’ rendition of “I Put a Spell on You”
- Football games (mostly yelling at the TV as my Fantasy dreams are squashed)
- Homemade caramel apples — not to be confused with candy apples, ick — if I can find any
What will you be for Halloween? And, where can I find a damn caramel apple?
We now return to your regularly scheduled WO programming. I’m all over the place this week, and it’s in a good way (for once).
- Halloween: My favorite holiday is quickly approaching, and I’m so ready for the costumed craziness. Pumpkins, beware. I’m coming for you.
- “Project Runway”: I still haven’t decided who I want to win tomorrow night’s finale. One thing is for sure, though: Heidi, Tim and everyone else we love will do it in style.
- The Pub: A lunchtime treat for all, I highly recommend the cod sandwich on pretzel bread with a side of “chips” (French fries, not “crisps”). Cheers, mate!
- Vitamin String Quartet: These guys create fantastic instrumental covers of favorite songs, and the result is a perfect workday playlist.