Nothing like being under the wire and wanting to keep an almost 300-week streak alive!
I’m in Florida with family this week, and after a successful surprise in Memphis, I didn’t think this trip could get any better. Man, was I wrong.
From spending time with family and friends to making unforgettable holiday memories with my nieces, it’s been a wonderful week. Bonus: We’re not even to the best part yet, with our family’s Christmas Eve and Day traditions still to come.
However you’re spending your holiday season, I hope yours is filled with all the love and laughter you each deserve. I know mine has been, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is not, in fact, more cowbell. Being sick in December is litchrlly the worst, but here’s what I’m doing to keep calm and carry on:
- #AllTreesAreBeautiful: After many people took to Twitter complaining about the shape of their Reese’s Christmas Trees this year, the brand responded with a call to end “tree shaming” and it was glorious! Check out some of the highlights here.
- “Love Actually”: In my humble opinion, there is no better holiday movie. Sure, we all enjoy “Home Alone” and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” but it doesn’t get any more festive, actually, than Hugh Grant dancing around 10 Downing Street.
- “Billy on the Street” with Will Ferrell: Here’s two guys who are likely to disagree with my previous statements. And that’s OK — because they’re at their best when yelling at innocent people in NYC. Fa-la-freaking-la.
- Las Vegas: I’m suuuper pumped to spend part of next week in Vegas for my cousin’s bachelor/ette party! The sights, the slots, the spirits… hope Sin City is ready for some naughty troublemakers right before Christmas!
The rainy season is back in SF, and despite the drought, we’re actually getting some storms. What better way to take shelter from the showers than with these feel-good finds?
- Send a Card to Safyre: You’ve no doubt heard of this little girl, who was the lone survivor of a house fire in 2013. Now in the care of her aunt, Safyre’s one Christmas wish is to receive holiday cards from around the world. Send some cheer to this strong survivor at:
P.O. Box 6126
Schenectady, NY 12306
- Free Rides with Uber: I doubt there are many who haven’t yet tried Uber. If you are one of those special unicorns, though, you can get $15 in free rides with my promo code: 939DW Whether it’s for errands or post-holiday parties, Uber can litchrlly be your lifesaver.
- Macy’s Friends & Family: It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Macy’s Friends & Family sale can save you big bucks on holiday shopping. Take an extra 25% or 10% off most items, plus try Buy Online Pick Up In Store or Same-Day Delivery if you’re in a rush. Promo code: FRIEND is your little holiday helper.
- “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” – *NSYNC: We’re 15 days away from Christmas, so I can officially start listening to holiday music without losing my mind. This classic from my elementary school daze is sure to bring more merriment to the moment.
I’m not complaining, but there are noticeably fewer 30 Days of Thanks posts in my social feeds this year. Is it no longer trendy? Do we have less to be publicly grateful for?
Whatever the case, I’m wishing each and every one of you a blessed Thanksgiving and hope you all have much to be thankful for.
Whether you’re fortunate enough to be with family or having your own Friendsgiving; whether you’re avoiding shopping at all costs or braving the Black Friday crowds for that ultimate deal; whether you’re a hardcore vegetarian or meat maniac, I hope you’re able to enjoy the holiday and time with people you love.
Until next time, here’s an all-too-true take on how Thanksgiving changes as you grow up.
Gobble till you wobble, y’all.
The holiday season has been all hustle and bustle, so it’s been really nice to spend the last few days catching up with family and honoring our traditions.
From celebrating family mass to opening just one present (our ornaments), it’s these small comforts from home that fill my heart and make me so happy to be surrounded by loved ones.
Wishing you and yours a blessed holiday season, and hope you’re able to spend time with those you hold dear!
It’s that special time of year when families gather to feast, feud and frolic to the store for 1/2 off sweaters. Don’t you just love it?
- Magz Is Here: My favorite mom arrived last Friday and is here for the week. She’s seen and done so much already, but I’m looking forward to more QT together these next few days.
- Macy’s 88th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade: It’s tradition. Watch the parade tomorrow at 9 a.m. EST (or record it on your DVR if you plan to sleep in like us). Can’t wait to see Papa Smurf, Snoopy and all the other iconic characters!
- Terrific Tours: Our first excursion was us a daylong trip through Sonoma’s wine country with Terrific Tours. I can’t recommend their services enough — we saw FIVE wineries, tasted more than 20+ varietals and had entertaining stories throughout the day!
- “All About That Baste” – The Holderness Family: Magz introduced me to this family foursome, known for silly song parodies. I think Meghan Trainor would be proud, #noskinnybritches and all.
Wishing you all a safe and happy Thanksgiving weekend!
This week’s obsessions are simple: All things Christmas! I hope those who celebrate are enjoying time well-spent with family. The music, the decorations, the gifts … they’re all extra perks to having a blessed holiday season and memories with your loved ones.
Stay tuned for next week’s year-end recap and some photos of our celebrations. Till then, I hope you all have much to smile about!