We’ve already made it through a month of 2017, people! Can you believe it?!
I sure can’t, because these past four weeks have been so mentally and emotionally exhausting, I thought we were at least through May. My calendar still says “February 1,” so I’ll have to take its word.
- Santa Barbara: What’s the best way to escape all of your worries and problems? Get away. For reals. I’m thankful to have a dear friend who straight up asked my boss if I could skip town for a few days, and couldn’t be happier with the result of some time outside of reality. The pier, the people, the villa, the food (not in that order) were all incredible. I have a feeling I’ll be back again soon.
- Salt Cave: The highlight of our trip — for me — was spending time at Salt. We did a 45-minute “guided meditation” (a misnomer, as it was a barely audible recording that left us with 30 minutes of silence) in a full-on salt cave. We’re talking Himalayan salt on the walls, floor, ceiling! It was breathtaking and incredibly restorative to relax in a chilly room with purifying and calming properties. They also offer massages and yoga… yet another reason I see myself back in SB!
- Disrupted: My Misadventure in the Start-Up Bubble by Dan Lyons: A former co-worker recommended this book to me months ago and I finally dove in recently. It’s a fascinating look at the tech world I thought I knew, as Lyons is a lifelong journalist who’s laid off and begins working at a Boston start-up. If you can get through all of the intentionally annoying “awesome!” usage, I think you’ll enjoy. If nothing else, the perspective of a 50-something in a sea of 20-somethings is quite entertaining.
- ‘90s Playlist: Anyone who’s been in a car for more than an hour knows the importance of a good playlist. My friend and I are luckily like-minded musical geniuses, so we blasted all of the ‘90s nostalgia we could handle. From obvious faves like Backstreet Boys and Notorious B.I.G. to sometimes forgotten legends like Steps and M2M, these tunes actually made the six-hour drive fun.
I’m exhausted. It never fails — every single week, Tuesdays are crazy and endless.
Why should Tuesday get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What’s so great about Tuesday? … We should totally just stab Tuesday! Right. Now, let’s hope today is better.
- The ’90s: We’re attending a themed birthday party this weekend, and our costumes will be totally rad. Can’t wait to relive the days of Tamagotchi and Kris Kross!
- Odwalla Juices & Smoothies: The only thing getting me out of bed early is the promise of these babies in my fridge. The Original is my favorite, with Strawberry Banana in a close second.
- Colored Denim: Can we even call this a trend anymore? I hope it never goes away. Whether the forecast is gray (like always) or sunny (like maybe someday), a pop of colored pants will make any day better.
- Justin Timberlake f. Jay Z – “Suit & Tie”: JT is hosting SNL and I am so pumped for his performance with HOVA. My DVR may just explode from the sexy (or the acronyms).
You can show me a few things anytime.