I’m told Sunday was National Ice Cream Day, and although I didn’t celebrate it then, the timing couldn’t be more perfect for a little treat I’m cooking up. *Not literally cooking, because it’d melt.
As part of my office’s “Tasting Thursday” series, tomorrow I’ll be co-hosting a blind tasting of various ice cream flavors, along with a BINGO game. Name a more iconic duo than ice cream and BINGO. I’ll wait.
In preparation, I found this free BINGO card creator — side note, is it all caps? I feel like it should be — and we’re assigning different flavor profiles to the squares. Our colleagues will taste blindly, guessing which flavors they’re tasting, and the first to get BINGO wins a free pint and gift card!
Am I taking this totally voluntary assignment too far? Possibly. But I’m enjoying every sweet second.
Some family news had me all shook up last weekend, and I’ve been a bit melancholy since. Pensive, of course … I just don’t want it to turn into a permanent state. These four guys have helped me to get out of my own head a little bit and just relax.
- Llama Tasered in … Florida: Of course, Floriduh. My home state is notorious for breeding its own special brand of crazy, and this story is no exception. A co-worker legit sent it to me because “the headline reminded [her] of [me].”
- Ben & Jerry’s Late Night Snack: You already know a date night with these two main men is pretty wonderful. But this edition, inspired by Jimmy Fallon, is my absolute can’t-live-without. Salty, sweet and swirly.
- Prancercise!: I heard rumblings of this video last week but finally watched it Monday. And while exercise really is good for you to de-stress, I much prefer laughing till my sides hurt. Her rhyming instructions seal the deal.
- “The Girl” – City and Colour: Music will forever have healing properties for me, and this ditty is a recent fave. Starts slow, hits the hook and captures a relationship so magically.
Enjoy two scoops of YouTube, no extra charge!
I’m back, and so are some of my favorite fall shows — one, of course, being “New Girl.” In celebration of that and Zooey’s Cosmo cover spot, I present four finds from her fabulous site: Hello Giggles. Shout-out to my dear friend April who introduced me to it!
- Illustrated Tweet of the Day: Don’t you wish the best tweets had awesome illustrations to accompany them? Your wish is artist Maritza Lugo’s command. Simply genius!
- Nails of the Day: This daily pick of the best in mani mania always makes me smile. I particularly love this homage to “The Powerpuff Girls” — who didn’t love Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup?
- Why I’m Insanely Jealous of Fantasy Football: I imagine this is how many of my female friends feel about FFL, and I applaud contributor Jessie Rosen for her take on the “sport.” Lord knows we all get a little crazy this time of year.
- Rhythm Is Gonna Get You: Aside from it being one of the most annoying words to spell, rhythm is also responsible for some pretty dark deeds. Check out writer Kevin Matthews’s take here.
There are tons of other great finds, like How to Tell If Your Boyfriend Is a Scrub and A Petition to Dethrone Ice Cream as the Official Food of the Break-Up.
And the best thing about Hello Giggles is its stringent moderation of comments. Nothing negative is posted, and it’s all focused on celebrating the quirky girl in us all. Go forth and read, my friends!