There’s nothing like coming fresh off an extra-long weekend and realizing your workweek is only 3.5 days — praise the Lord! I have another extended weekend ahead, and I couldn’t be more pumped for it to get here already.
- Musée Mécanique: A good friend was visiting last weekend, and we decided to check out this antique arcade at Fisherman’s Wharf. From 100-year-old games to modern-day air hockey and more, there’s something fun for everyone.
- Kickens in Town: My college bestie arrives tomorrow for a weeklong visit, and I’m beyond stoked. We’ve got a full itinerary of Giants v. Braves, wine country, Oakland v. YANKEES, Alcatraz and more. Look out, SF!
- “Veep”: I’d previously seen a few episodes of this biting comedy starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus (among many talented stars). Cut to a much-needed day of marathon TV, and I’m still smiling from the snarkiness. Check it out Sundays at 10:30 p.m. on HBO.
- “Pretty Girls” – Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea: I totally hate this video but the song is just so damn catchy. Iggy’s rhymes just get me every time, and I can’t seem to deny myself from Britney’s whine-singing. Le sigh.
In the ongoing effort to make me a true resident of this great city, I am beyond thrilled to announce that I’ll finally have assembled furniture in my apartment tomorrow! No more air mattress, no more standing in the kitchen to eat, no more sitting on the floor … unless I’m feeling super hippy-dippy and want to do some yoga. PRAISE IT.
- The Freakin’ World Series: This city is electric with the hopes of a win tonight in Game 7 of the World Series. We may never be Royals, but I think that’s a good thing. Either way, I hope a parade is in the works!
- La Taqueria: My co-workers introduced me to this heavenly little spot last weekend, and I plan to go back for more soon. The carnitas hard-shell tacos were sheer perfection on a plate — no wonder it was named America’s Best Burrito!
- Halloweenie: Hellerrrr, my favorite holiday is Friday! How will I ever live up to the costumes of years past? Easy: I just won’t. I’m still stoked to host a good friend, visiting from San Jose!
- “Black Widow” – Iggy Azalea f. Rita Ora: Iggy absolutely KILLED it on SNL last week, and Rita is like the version of Rihanna I can actually stand. Plus, this tune is perfect for the spooktacular holiday!
I’m feeling much better after a week of illness and some reeeal ugly cries, you guys. It absolutely helps that my cousins are in town for the week to visit — allowing me just enough time for these faves:
- “The Fault in Our Stars”: ‘Twas was the perfect setting to see a movie by myself for the first time. This year’s best read was wonderful on-screen and I highly, highly, highly recommend it.
- HBO Go: A week bedridden was made sort-of OK with this service. 31 episodes of “Game of Thrones” later, and I was feeling almost human again!
- “Fancy” – Iggy Azalea f. Charli XCX: I can’t get enough of I-G-G-Y. One look at my Spotify, and you’ll see I’ve binge-listened approximately 500 times. The “Clueless” music video is just the gangsta cherry on top.
- “Part of Our World”: And I can’t listen to “Fancy” without thinking of this hilarious sketch from Anna Kendrick’s turn hosting SNL. She plays Ariel (“The Little Mermaid”) and teaches Ursula (Aidy Bryant) about today’s popular music.