While most of SF is recovering from its annual shitshow, Outside Lands, I’m recovering from my own shot nerves, lack of sleep and downright refusal to sit still. Let’s focus for the next few minutes, at least, on these:
- Poncho: I’ve had my eye on this delightful daily weather report for months, and it’s finally extended service to San Francisco! The forecasts are fun and factual, with equal parts story and sass. See if Poncho is in your area!
- Saving Grace: I’ve been reading more for fun lately, and this latest from seasoned storyteller Jane Green was a fast and easy-to-digest book. It made a six-hour flight more bearable, and it made me think about what people’s “perfect lives” really entail.
- Taco Bell Portraits: Brittany Nicole Creech is officially the most popular girl in America this week. Her senior portraits didn’t have your typical feather boa, fake rose and wistful expression — she took them at TACO BELL. Can you say #killingit?
- John Oliver Revamps Sex Ed: Speaking of high school, remember how awkward it was to learn (or not) about the birds and the bees from your inexperienced (or not) friends? John Oliver takes down the lack of sex education in America, and the crowning jewel is this star-studded video. Enjoy!
I’m not sure whether I’m still mourning the end of the Olympics or just missing my boyfriend (Big Ben) terribly, but this week has me overly obsessed with all things LONDON. I’m not apologizing for it; I just thought you should know.
- Jane Green: My favorite Brit-Chick-Lit author never disappoints. “Jemima J” and “Straight Talking” are longtime personal favorites, and I’m about to dig into “The Patchwork Marriage” next.
- “Made in Chelsea”: I stumbled upon this import Monday night after watching “Sex and the City” reruns and avoiding the Pittsburgh-Kansas City game (that Big Ben and I need to talk). I’m totally hooked on the lives of Caggie, Spencer and the other young socialites.
- Daniel Craig: I’ve yet to see the latest Bond flick, but I know Mr. Craig’s piercing eyes and killer physique will satisfy plenty. Oh, and the action scenes. Yeah, those will be great.
- Adele: Speaking of “Skyfall,” I love this songbird’s dramatic soundtrack release. Her adorable baby boy makes her even more endearing — I just wish she and boyfriend Simon would name the kid, already!