WO: Weekly Obsessions
Much as I love my new city, I’m thrilled to spend a few days home in Florida. I venture back this weekend for a baby shower in anticipation of my good friends’ first child. I’ve known them for years and was honored to be in their wedding, so I couldn’t be happier to share this celebration with them. Let’s get to the WOs before the tears start.
- “Shameless”: It’s been a long time (like, whole life, long) since I’ve had Showtime. Didn’t even know I was missing this incredible foray into one F-ed up family. I’m so sad the finale is soon, but I know I’ll be keeping Showtime around for its return.
- Cucumber Collins: Speaking of heavy drinking, I’m seriously enamored with this simple and refreshing cocktail. It reminds me that spring is around the corner, despite the snowy days we’ve had this week.
- Charles Emerson Designs: I was introduced to this site by Rachel, where the jewelry is a perfect mix of classic and trendy pieces. And the prices? Even better.
- “Stay” – Rihanna f. Mikky Ekko: I’ve long negated Rihanna, both personally and professionally. Her music + style … just aren’t my style. Enter this song, which I blame for tricking me into thinking it was “Colors of the Wind.” Yeah, on the radio.
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?
Images courtesy of: Episode Info, We Are Not Martha, Charles Emerson Designs, Make Wav.es
WO: Weekly Obsessions
Remember how, a few weeks back, I was all about Adele’s “Skyfall”? Well, scratch that. It’s been stuck in my head since SATURDAY when I saw the Bond flick with my parents. I need it out like, yesterday. Distractions have come in these four forms:
- The Hall of Shame: Being home for a few days allowed me a trip down memory lane, AKA the hallway of photos that so elegantly displays my most awkward years. Glad to see I never grew out of those cheeks.
- Curative Massage: Also in my hometown? This local favorite. The husband-and-wife duo are as friendly as they are soothing. It was just the thing I needed after a hellish few weeks.
- Stella & Dot: As much as I loved the essie + BaubleBar giveaway, I’m even more excited for a S&D event I’m hosting Saturday. Shop online for awesome stocking stuffers — shipping only takes 3 to 5 days!
- FratMusic: An old friend convinced me to buy this app after drinking heavily, and it’s been a good buy. Playlists like Broin’ Out and Hoin’ Out have hilarious subcategories and awesome mash-ups.
Images courtesy of: Magz’ Archives, Benefits of Massage, Stella & Dot, YouTube