I’m fresh off a long weekend away in Maryland and anxiously awaiting the start of SUMMER FRIDAYS and another long weekend in Florida. Jealous much? It’s OK … I kinda hate me, too.
- Ocean City, Md.: My first visit to this adorable beachside town was instantly relaxing. I felt like I was back at home in Daytona, and the company was pretty great 🙂
- essie Lapiz of Luxury: My obsession with essie nail polish is nothing new, but this color is the absolute perfect blend of pale purple and bold blue. I can’t stop staring at my digits. Totally normal!
- The Guys from “Undateable”: I wasn’t particularly interested in this NBC sitcom that premieres next week, but I saw the natural rapport between actor/comedians Brent, Rick and Ron — and now I’m actually looking forward to it!
- Jon Stewart Hates Philly: One of many reasons I adore Jon Stewart? His rants. Check out his takedown (starting at 4:10 in) of Phillies’ manager, Ryne Sandberg, who claimed he got food poisoning from NY treasure, Shake Shack. #owned
I say it every month, but seriously — how are we already halfway through October? Cooler weather is in full effect, causing all of NYC to layer up and party down.
Halloween is just 15 days away, which means the early-celebators of Christmas are already being assholes. Can’t time just slow down for a little?
- James Wolk: I first loved this guy from his short stint on “Happy Endings” and really enjoyed him rocking shorty shorts on “Mad Men” this season. Now the hottie with a body is on “The Crazy Ones,” and I will buy whatever he is selling. Hands down.
- “I Am Malala”: This memoir from women’s rights and education activist (not to mention, medical miracle) Malala Yousufzai just arrived in my mailbox. It’s no wonder she was the youngest Nobel Prize nominee — check out her interview with Jon Stewart and feel terrible about how little you accomplished by 16.
- Catch: I had the pleasure of meeting my second cousin last week, and she introduced me to this phenomenal seafood restaurant in the Meatpacking District. We shared scallops, shrimp and a few other appetizers … each one more delicious than the last.
- “Roar” – Katy Perry: This song made a stir a few months back, due to its uncanny resemblance to Sara Bareilles’s single, “Brave.” Whatever your take, I prefer Perry’s music for once in my life. Grrrrowl.
Fall! October! Orange! Pumpkin! … What is it about this month that makes everyone lose their collective shit? Clearly, I’m not one of those people.* Riiiight.
- MY NIECE!: Yes, this is an all-caps situation. Allison Marie was born last Thursday at 7:56 p.m. Both she and my sister-in-law are doing well, and I can’t wait to see them (and Brother, too) soon!
- These Boots: Even though NYC’s weather isn’t cooperating, every new season requires new shoes. These Bandolino rider boots were 40% off with my discount, so of course I needed them in two colors.
- Leah & Sam’s Wedding: My dear friend celebrates her marriage Saturday, and I’m thrilled to be there for her. We’ll take in the Washington sites (possibly), and eat and drink for days (definitely). Speaking of DC …
- The Government Shutdown: OK, I’m obviously not thrilled to see Congress implode. But Jon Stewart’s rant below is pretty damn entertaining, and Jimmy Kimmel reveals just how clueless so many are. Shocking, I know. Whatever your stance, it can’t be argued: The downward spiral of American politics continues.
Poor quality, but the original one is no longer available.
*Did you count how many of those very things I featured? Amateurs.