Moving to New York has helped me realize that I am officially, sort of, a grown-up. I’ve always had an independent spirit, but I’m learning each day how to do more on my own — often screwing things up along the way.*
Some highlights of my quasi-adulthood:
- Few things excite me more now than selecting home decor.
- I filed my taxes in FEBRUARY, not April (or October).
- Justin Bieber hosted + performed on SNL, and I felt nothing. Nothing!
- I’m washing my hair more often. Like, twice a week now.
- My bed was made every day this week for the first time since … ever.
Rest assured, I’m balancing all this maturity with weekend benders in Brooklyn and drunk purchases on etsy. But knowing I can handle some things I’d never managed before is pretty cool too.
*Exhibit A: This post was scheduled yesterday. I couldn’t bring myself to hit “Publish” after leaving my desk keys at home and being rendered useless for the first half of the workday.