The pros of a long weekend are pretty infinite, but the one con I can think of is forgetting what day it is for about a week. And maybe, trying to get five days of work done in four. Sigh.
- Pismo Beach: I spent the holiday weekend on a girls’ trip to Pismo and couldn’t have asked for a better time. Between rooftop drinks, delicious dinners, gorgeous views and a packed playlist, it was an unforgettable time. If only we could make the drive down every weekend! A girl can dream, eh?
- Nepenthe: On our way down (cue Ryan Cabrera), we stopped a few times for photo ops and pit stops. This was our lunch destination in Big Sur, which provided incredible scenery and tasty bites. It was wise for us to arrive just before opening, as they filled up quickly and reservations were tight. Def do the same if you intend to stop by!
- SLO Sailing: Sunday’s main event was a 2-hour sailing trip off the bay and into the Pacific. “Breathtaking” is an understatement. While the waters were rough for a little bit, we thoroughly enjoyed the sweeping views and picture-perfect adventure. We even made a new best friend, Cheryl, who ditched her husband to take the only spot left. You’re my spirit animal, Cher.
- Ember: Among our other memorable meals, Ember stands out as a truly wonderful dining experience. The farm-to-table restaurant doesn’t take reservations, but the wait is well worth it. Craft cocktails and a monthly menu piqued our interest, while the helpful staff and friendly husband-wife ownership team kept us smiling. It’s a must if you’re in the area.
We now bring you back to your regularly scheduled Wittyburg program 😉 In all seriousness, thanks to those of you who took the time to read my ramblings yesterday. I don’t make as much time as I should to change up the content here, but it’s always nice to hear your feedback and suggestions!
- Magz’s Birthday: My favorite mama celebrated her birthday Monday (and all weekend long) with family and friends at the happiest place on Earth. We had a nice little phone date, and I know she’s already feeling great at 50-something 😉 Cheers to you, Magz!
- Lake Tahoe: I was fortunate to have Labor Day Weekend plans with a dear friend who lives near Sacramento but — then! — our mutual friends invited us camping in Lake Tahoe so we jumped at the chance to join. The views were simply breathtaking and well worth the drive.
- Remembering Slick Rick: Sunday marks two years since my dad’s death, which I can and can’t believe. Time doesn’t necessarily heal all wounds, but it certainly offers perspective as we experience more milestones without him. Raising a glass to you, big guy.
- “Dreams” – Life of Dillon: This trio of dudes’ debut album is sure to soar, and I’m calling this single out as the next big thing. The hook is so damn catchy, especially with the killer quote “If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough.”
Images courtesy of: Mah iPhonex3, Genius