I thought it’d be fun to capture each month’s activities and milestones in a series called Witty Rewind. It may not be for posterity’s sake, but I hope you’ll enjoy looking back at the previous month with me.
I spent the bulk of June cheering on my brother’s fitness progress and not doing a whole lot toward my own. I’ve fallen out of routines, de-prioritized healthy habits, and generally made excuses for my lack of motivation. For the first time probably ever, though, I’m not completely beating myself up for it. [Negative thoughts squashed: ~20]
While I still have a hard time abandoning books I don’t love, I did evolve a bit into trying shorter stories and more memoirs. I did my best to like some titles, but there were only a few standouts from the nine I consumed in June. [Books read: 9]
Weather be damned, here’s the rest of my June un-gloomed:
- Finished a Vegas trip with CHRISTINA AGUILERA and her first residency show
- Fought yet another mystery illness, perhaps my body’s way of saying “slow the F down”
- Celebrated a dear couple’s wedding and toasted with their champagne burro
- Made new friends via an Airbnb stay at said wedding weekend
- Caught up with former colleagues at a happy hour where pigeons shat on us
- Mourned the loss of the Warriors in Game 6
- Co-hosted a beach bonfire with s’mores on s’mores on s’mores
- Celebrated a friend’s birthday with putt-putt and got the only Hole in One on the 18th hole!
- Remembered Dad during a quiet, reflective Father’s Day
- Volunteered with kinders and then veterans for my company’s month of service program
- Attended Book Club, having not read the book for probably the first time ever
- Continued the tradition of seeing the “Sex and the City Live!” drag show at Oasis
- Celebrated my second mom’s birthday with bocce, barbecue, and beers
- Did some self-care work in the form of nails did, hair did, everything did
- Virtually celebrated my niece’s third birthday and sparkly cowgirl costume
This is my new bff, Zoe. She’s a little camera-shy.
I’m blogging live from the Celine Dion concert in Las Vegas and not at all ashamed of it. The people in front of us hate our enthusiasm but the people behind us are French Canadian and in it for the long haul.
As my mom would say, I’m living my best life. That’s really all there is to report guys! Except for a family wedding and baptism and a minor car accident and a million-dollar prize … totally all I had to share this time.
Xoxo, my heart will not go on.
I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is not, in fact, more cowbell. Being sick in December is litchrlly the worst, but here’s what I’m doing to keep calm and carry on:
- #AllTreesAreBeautiful: After many people took to Twitter complaining about the shape of their Reese’s Christmas Trees this year, the brand responded with a call to end “tree shaming” and it was glorious! Check out some of the highlights here.
- “Love Actually”: In my humble opinion, there is no better holiday movie. Sure, we all enjoy “Home Alone” and “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” but it doesn’t get any more festive, actually, than Hugh Grant dancing around 10 Downing Street.
- “Billy on the Street” with Will Ferrell: Here’s two guys who are likely to disagree with my previous statements. And that’s OK — because they’re at their best when yelling at innocent people in NYC. Fa-la-freaking-la.
- Las Vegas: I’m suuuper pumped to spend part of next week in Vegas for my cousin’s bachelor/ette party! The sights, the slots, the spirits… hope Sin City is ready for some naughty troublemakers right before Christmas!