I acknowledge time flying by nearly every week here, but I just have to say, I was asked about my plans for the fall today and nearly had a full-blown meltdown. I understand June is creeping around the corner but THE FALL? Please, don’t make me think that far. I can barely plan my next hour.
- Overdrive: An added benefit to voraciously reading Refinery 29’s Monday Diaries is that I often learn about apps and services to make life easier. It’s how I heard of this app, and “obsessed” is an understatement. Simply log in with your library card and gain instant access to thousands of options. It’s my first actual foray into e-reading, but I’m beyond excited to dig into more books than ever before.
- MealPal: While I’d heard of MealPal while living in NYC, I hadn’t researched or revisited it since moving here. Then I read yet another R29 MD and, well, now I’m its newest member who’s enjoying $6 lunches (instead of $20 salads). Want a promo code? Sign up here.
- Half-Price Mondays: Memorial Day was the perfect backdrop to join some girlfriends from Tampa at the A’s/Rays game. And wouldn’t you know it? The Treehouse — a beautiful, shiny stadium spot with a full bar and games — offers half-price drinks on Mondays. No mustache required, and it almost made a 13-inning game painless.
- “This Is America” – Childish Gambino: Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve likely already heard and watched this. Breaking news reporting over here, I know. But I haven’t covered it yet with WOs AND Cardi B brought it top of mind with her *shocking* discovery that Donald Glover and Childish Gambino are the same person. Pssst … the video is NSFW, in case you haven’t heard.
Read any Facebook feed lately, and it’s obvious: Weather is insane. My fingers are still defrosting from my walk THIS MORNING, and that doesn’t even compare to the insanity Atlanta folks are facing. Some distractions, while y’all thaw out:
- Devon & Blakely: With so many visitors and tourist-trap spots near my office, lunch is always a challenge. But this place has inexpensive salads and sandwiches made to order, plus premade soups. And the cornbread? I’ve been dreaming about it for days.
- Super Bowl Blvd.: Thousands are expected to check out this 13-block stretch of mayhem (again, right outside my office). The saving grace, though, is the 60-ft. toboggan slide … teambuilding has never looked so fun before!
- Fluff ‘n Fold: Let’s be real: I’ve never enjoyed doing laundry. But now that I have to leave my building to do it, well, I just don’t. Instead, I use a super-handy service that cost $25 to do literally a month (20 lbs.!) of clothes. With free pick-up and delivery, how can I resist?
- Christopher Walken Reads The Three Little Pigs: It may be hard for some to imagine, but Christopher Walken was a comedic genius long before “More Cowbell.” Proof is in the piggies, with this uncovered gem from the ’70s. Arrivederci!
And, be sure to follow @Macys on Facebook and Twitter — I may or may not be writing social media for the big game 🙂