While most of SF is recovering from its annual shitshow, Outside Lands, I’m recovering from my own shot nerves, lack of sleep and downright refusal to sit still. Let’s focus for the next few minutes, at least, on these:
- Poncho: I’ve had my eye on this delightful daily weather report for months, and it’s finally extended service to San Francisco! The forecasts are fun and factual, with equal parts story and sass. See if Poncho is in your area!
- Saving Grace: I’ve been reading more for fun lately, and this latest from seasoned storyteller Jane Green was a fast and easy-to-digest book. It made a six-hour flight more bearable, and it made me think about what people’s “perfect lives” really entail.
- Taco Bell Portraits: Brittany Nicole Creech is officially the most popular girl in America this week. Her senior portraits didn’t have your typical feather boa, fake rose and wistful expression — she took them at TACO BELL. Can you say #killingit?
- John Oliver Revamps Sex Ed: Speaking of high school, remember how awkward it was to learn (or not) about the birds and the bees from your inexperienced (or not) friends? John Oliver takes down the lack of sex education in America, and the crowning jewel is this star-studded video. Enjoy!
Remember how my one goal last weekend was to pick up a notebook? That’s it. One goal. I failed miserably.
I did, however, manage to accomplish a lot: Errands throughout the city, two birthday celebrations for friends of friends and another fiasco in Brooklyn I won’t soon forget. Oh, and PUPPY BOWL IX.
- New York (Mercedes-Benz) Fashion Week: Any chance of me being productive this weekend is thrown out when you consider the world’s biggest names in fashion will be in my backyard. I don’t even have a yard, but you get the point.
- Pandora Radio: My playlists have been lackluster as of late, and I was in need of new music finds. Thank goodness Pandora does all the legwork for me and I just have to hit a little Like or Dislike button to customize my daily soundtrack.
- The “Parks and Recreation” Cast: Aubrey steals from Joe Biden. Aziz called Dior by the wrong name. Nick is a woodworker and married to Megan Mullally. Chris stars in “Zero Dark Thirty,” will be a superhero next and married Anna Faris. Oh, and Amy. Sweet, sweet Amy. Need I say more?
- “Let Her Go” – Passenger: Pandora found this little gem for me through my Of Monsters and Men station. I can’t stop listening to it and am officially an addict to singer Mike Rosenberg’s voice. Swoon.