Do you wanna know a secret? Well, I suppose it’s not so secret anymore.
It’s my high school bestie’s 30th birthday today, and her husband coordinated for another close friend and I to surprise her in Memphis today! Aaaaand, we pulled it off!
It was, perhaps, the surprise of the century. (Modesty was always my strong suit.) We’re so excited to spend a few days celebrating our fave friend. Our chattering teeth are only partially from the freezing temps, I swear.
Happy 30th, Jenny — may your year ahead be your best yet! Xoxo ❤
What is it about short workweeks that makes them feel so long? The handful of days in the office drag out more painfully than a five-day week, and the workload doesn’t seem to reflect fewer hours. Don’t you worry, though; I still do enough complaining about it to fill 40 hours.
- iSummit: This two-day conference in Orlando was a welcome beginning to my week. Networking, new ideas, networking, new-business pitches, did I mention networking?
- Memphis: I’m visiting my bestie from high school and her hubster for a few days, and I couldn’t be more excited! Some other longtime friends will be joining too. Let the shitshow begin 🙂
- Moe’s Free Queso Day: All you need to know is that Moe’s will give away free queso tomorrow, Sept. 20. You’re welcome, in advance, for making your Thursday delicious.
- “Fallin'” by Connie Francis: Target always gets me with its seasonal advertising — remember the colorful Alouette spot? I’m all about this latest release for fall, featuring a lovely soundtrack from the late ’50s.
Between working late at my day job and being buried by freelance, this girl is fried. Keeping this week’s lovelies simple for your sake — and mine:
- “The Hunger Games”: I saw the movie Sunday and really enjoyed it. I’ll never be a crazy-obsessed fangirl, but I can appreciate any movie that keeps my pulse racing.
- ‘90s Music Choice: Anyone who follows me on FB knows I adore this channel — from TLC to Savage Garden, it’s got it all. Here’s a good sample, in case you don’t get the station.
- Graceland: My trip to Memphis was capped off with a visit to the historic Elvis mansion. Gaudy, tacky and oh-so-‘70s, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- A Wittyburg Necklace: The name-plate trend comes full circle with these gorgeous custom Twitter name-plate necklaces. My birthday is months away, but I’ll take one anytime. 🙂
Hope everyone’s having a great week … and may the odds be ever in your favor.