If you’re new around here, you may not know Halloween is my favorite holiday (besides my birthday, which is an actual holiday, not just a holiday because I say it’s one). But, I digress.
- Halloween!: Duh duh duh. The 31st of October will forever be one of my favorite days of the year. I’m not into horror or zombies or any of the gross stuff, but the costumes and candy and festivities give me liiife. If anyone tries to fight me and say Christmas starts now, I will throat punch you.
- The Notorious RBG: This year’s costume for funsies was none other than the Supreme Queen herself, Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I was inspired by these memes and the record year she’s having, plus I already had a few of the pieces. If nothing else, I hope I did her justice.
- The T-Birds: My genius SF team dreamed up this nostalgic costume, complete with inflatable tires and cling wrap and a soundtrack. While we placed 3rd in the office costume contest, I know we’re No. 1 in reality. #BitterPartyOfOne In all seriousness, though, I live for the office hi-jinx and today’s party was no different.
- “Thriller” – Michael Jackson: I had to look through the archives to confirm I hadn’t already covered this creepy classic. You don’t need to know the moves to know this is an all-time, year-round hit. I usually skip before it gets to the chilling laugh at the end, but once a year, I allow it to play all the way through.
This week is going by entirely too slowly. I met friends for a round (or four) last night, and none of us could believe it was only Tuesday. What is it about hump day that we can’t seem to get over? The world may never know. In the meantime …
- Hale & Hearty: Since the weather refuses to cooperate and I’m wearing a coat in May, this soup staple is a Godsend. The oyster crackers alone make the literally three-minute walk worth it.
- Investigation Discovery: My roommate got me hooked on this truly disturbing channel, featuring such shows as “Dates from Hell” and “Wives with Knives.” I can’t wait for the summer premiere of “Southern Fried Homicide.” Real life.
- Hunter Bell: Winner of this season’s “Fashion Star,” this little lady is a designer who understands what it takes to sell. I can’t wait to try her fit & flare dress, among countless others.
- “Will You Be There” – Michael Jackson: I’ve been on more conference calls than usual this week, and our waiting room music is reminiscent of this MJ classic. Just try and tell me you didn’t rewind the VHS at least thrice to hear it again.