In the ongoing effort to make me a true resident of this great city, I am beyond thrilled to announce that I’ll finally have assembled furniture in my apartment tomorrow! No more air mattress, no more standing in the kitchen to eat, no more sitting on the floor … unless I’m feeling super hippy-dippy and want to do some yoga. PRAISE IT.
- The Freakin’ World Series: This city is electric with the hopes of a win tonight in Game 7 of the World Series. We may never be Royals, but I think that’s a good thing. Either way, I hope a parade is in the works!
- La Taqueria: My co-workers introduced me to this heavenly little spot last weekend, and I plan to go back for more soon. The carnitas hard-shell tacos were sheer perfection on a plate — no wonder it was named America’s Best Burrito!
- Halloweenie: Hellerrrr, my favorite holiday is Friday! How will I ever live up to the costumes of years past? Easy: I just won’t. I’m still stoked to host a good friend, visiting from San Jose!
- “Black Widow” – Iggy Azalea f. Rita Ora: Iggy absolutely KILLED it on SNL last week, and Rita is like the version of Rihanna I can actually stand. Plus, this tune is perfect for the spooktacular holiday!
Today is the best day.
It doesn’t matter that my foot was smashed on the train. Or that a guy I was connecting with on Tinder turned out to be a creep (shocking!). Or that I had five hours of meetings.
Today is the best day, because I’m going to my first Yankees game of the season! They’ve played two without me, and I’m experiencing my first case of FOMO. Well, fear no more. Today is the best day.
- The Hudson Bond: Before the game, I’m hitting a quick work happy hour at this midtown spot. The weather is finally breaking, and we’ll be able to enjoy its patio even more in the coming months.
- Yankees Home Games: The smell, the sounds, the sights — I’m clearly more than excited for my first visit back to the Bronx since September.
- Brother Jimmy’s BBQ: Once inside, I have to hit up this chain’s amazing concession stand. I’ve been dreaming of the fried pickles for months, I tell you!
- “The Boys Are Back in Town” – Thin Lizzy: Well, duh. It’s no coincidence that this monster ballad has played on loop in my head all day. Let’s get ‘em, Yanks!
Brought to you in no specific order, here’s what I’ve been Googling and ogling over and over this week.
“Horrible Bosses”: I adore Charlie Day from “Always Sunny,” and Jason Sudeikis and Jason Bateman have gained popularity on my DVR the past few years. A ridiculous scheme with lovable guys and deplorable bosses is not to be missed. Charlie’s coked-out scenes were most memorable and absolutely ridiculous.
Decor from Urban Outfitters: From the coasters (have) to the tape dispenser (want) and hamburger phone (need), Urban never fails to impress. Every visit, I find at least five things I never knew I couldn’t live without. Hipster or not, how can you say no to a HAMBURGER. PHONE.
BustedTees: I’ve been a big fan for years now, but there’s just something about these shirts that keeps me coming back for more. A grab-bag offer is going on now — give ‘em your size (and 30 bucks), and they’ll send four shirts picked at random for your enjoyment. So many pop-culture references; so little time!
The All-Star Break: From Cano’s beautiful triumph in the Derby to Heath Bell’s unique entrance, I’m all about this week in baseball. And in case you haven’t heard — even though he didn’t play last night — Jeter had his 3,000th hit Saturday. Suck on that, haters!