It could be my packed personal and professional lives or the fact that I’m just coming out of a Benadryl fog, but hump day came way too quickly this week. Here’s hoping the next few hundred words are somewhat coherent 😉
- Dita Von Teese: The queen of burlesque brought her “Strip, Strip Hooray!” show to SF this week, and I had the pleasure of going last night. From jewel-encrusted lingerie to breathtaking choreography and a hilarious emcee, it did not disappoint. My only note would be to get balcony seats next time, for the best view of a spectacular show.
- Baseball’s Back: I’m a little late to the game (ha!) on this one, but I’m pumped for the return of America’s pastime. Bonus: We have a teambuilding outing at tomorrow’s game, and I can’t wait to be back in the bleachers of AT&T Park. Disclaimer: I’m still — first and foremost — a Yankees fan. But I have local pride and will support the Giants so long as they’re not in the World Series against the Yanks… because then it’s a win-win-win anyway.
- Calm: I have a confession, you guys: I have a hard time relaxing. I know, I know — you’re shocked. This meditation app has helped me over the past month or so to focus for 10–20 minutes a day on just being. Meditation wasn’t really my thing, but I’m sufficiently hooked and enjoying the practice of letting things go.
- “Let It Go” – James Bay: (Speaking of) Not to be confused with the impossible-to-escape Frozen soundtrack, this song simply touches my heart and is a clear, calming reminder of love lost. I’m a little biased since I’m seeing him in concert Friday night, but I think you’ll like this one… maybe even more than “Hold Back the River.”
I’m generally not one to brag, but I have to say: My weekend was just plain awesome. It feels like I’m hitting my stride in my new city, and I couldn’t be happier with the experiences and memories I’m gaining.
- All You Can Eat Sushi + Sake @ Chinatown East – sushi was delicious, but the unlimited sake bombs reeeally got the night going
- One and One – a new favorite spot, it’s chill upstairs and a thumping club downstairs
- Dancing at Pianos – worth the $5 cover to go upstairs for better music and quicker service
- We hit another bar after that, but I don’t remember the name (sign of a good time)
Saturday: Low-Key Lounging
- Slept in for the first time in weeks and accomplished nothing – oddly OK with this
- Wharf in Murray Hill – visited our friend who works there for pre-gaming
- Brooklyn house party – celebrated friends who graduated from hair school, law school, design school and another who passed the NY State Bar
Sunday: Fun-Filled Finale
- Boozy brunch at The Guilty Goose in Chelsea – very strong mimosas alongside eggs benedict with a jalapeño hollandaise
- Stopped in to see Heroes & Villains at FIT – fascinating facts featured in fun and interesting exhibits
- Made our way home to watch SNL – Kristen Wiig’s return to the stage at 30 Rock did not disappoint
- Phone date with Magz – because she should be celebrated every day for what she put up with from us
Though it went by way too quickly, I had an absolute blast throughout this weekend. I can’t wait to enjoy more of this improved weather and share my finds with you guys. Cheers!