It’s been one helluva week in news, what with Amanda Bynes’s continued meltdown and two other attention whores naming their kid North West. I’m sorry, you thought I meant real news? Psh posh. Today’s top stories:
- “Catfish: The TV Show”: I seriously hate myself for getting hooked, but there was a marathon leading to last night’s Season 2 premiere and I just couldn’t stop. Damn you, Internet, for making this show possible!
- Wil Myers: Although he plays for the Rays, this kid (yeah, 22!) has made quite the debut. His Grand Slam against my Yankees Saturday was his first major-league homer. He then went home to hit a HR against Toronto and help snap their 11-game streak. Not bad!
- Aubrey Plaza: Obviously, I love her on Parks & Rec, but today is also her birthday. So for that, I salute her. Even if she had a total WTF? moment on live TV.
- “Rouse Yourself” – JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound: The birthday girl stars with Human Grumpy Cat Jake Johnson in this funky fresh music video. The song is dark but dreamy; stick through the whole video — the surprise ending is worth it.
And for you dedicated readers, I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Some personal issues have diverted my attention, but I promise to get back on track soon. Thanks for sticking with me!
My weekends have been great here. So great that I haven’t had the chance to write as much as I’d like. So, one of this weekend’s goals is to get a new Moleskine notebook and fill it with the ideas swimming ’round my head. Till then, here’s what I can write about:
- “Heathers”: I’d never seen this cult classic because, well, it was released when I was a year old. But thank the TV gods for putting it on HBO this past weekend. Delightfully dark and completely crazy — it’s added to my ever-growing list of favorites.
- Charles Esten: I enjoyed his appearances on “Whose Line Is It Anyway?” but didn’t follow his career. #pre-IMDb problems. Then Josh, Stanford branch manager from “The Office” was hot in a familiar way. He’s now Deacon on “Nashville” — marry me, please?
- Herald Square: We have a training at the Macy’s on 34th Street tomorrow, and I couldn’t be more excited. This is what being in NYC is all about: Running frantically through a sea of people just to make it to work on time. I love it.
- “It Happens” – Sugarland: In true graceful fashion, I ripped my tights yesterday (right before tripping down the stairs). Wouldn’t you know it? This song comes on my iPod next and I’m suddenly not so hostile. Essential to remember about life: Pssh … it happens.
P.S.: Did you guys watch “New Girl” last night?! Happy happy, joy joy.
Now that our blood-sugar levels have reached extraordinary highs and those gorgeous bouquets are starting to look sad, it’s time for your weekly dose of random.
- These Shoes: My monthly picks from Shoedazzle are usually pretty cute, but this month’s Mulberry wedges just begged to be bought. Took them for a test run today, and they’re simply perfect.
- Advocating for USF: The Florida Senate has proposed cutting $128 million (or 60%) from my Alma Mater’s budget, and — whether it were USF or any other institution of higher learning — I find it appalling. Take action here.
- “Humpty Dance”: I wake up with a song in my head each day, so it’s no surprise that this was today’s. It’s been playing on constant loop, just rolling around the ol’ noggin … why not celebrate it?
- The Cast of “Greek”: The show ended last year, but its cast is doing well — Evan Chambers stars in “Are You There, Chelsea?,” Katherine is part of Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros,* and Beaver was on “Glee” and Dale on “New Girl” this week! Just makes me wonder what Cappie and Casey are up to?
Hope you’re all surviving the VD Day hangover and haven’t succumbed to a chocolate-covered coma.
The extra sound effects absolutely make this song.
*Special thanks to my good friend, April, who pointed out this fun fact!
WO has a new look ’round here, you may have noticed. The reason for this redesign? It’s WITTYBURG’s 1ST BIRTHDAY! Hard to believe that I started this a year ago, with just an idea and a penchant for sarcasm. Many thanks to all of you who’ve supported me this past year … and here’s to many more!
- “New Girl”: My girl crush on Zooey Deschanel continues. Just reading her character’s rental application had me in stitches.
- Celebrations: I think a blogiversary™ is a damn good reason to say way-hooo! Plus, this song has been in my head for a week, thanks to co-workers. Jerks.
- Breast Cancer Awareness: October is in full swing, so all you ladies should be checking your ta-tas. Think Pink, girls!
- Funfetti Cake Batter Fudge: I love to bake, and this Freshly Pressed fudge recipe’s classic cake-batter flavor is enough motivation for me to whip up a batch.
Poppin’ bottles tonight to commemorate the big … 1. Only God and CathyMay15 can judge me.