It’s taking all of me to not get political up in here, so let’s just breeze on past the pleasantries and jump into other topics:
- Air Conditioning: We had record-breaking temps in SF last weekend, and while 100 degrees doesn’t sound all that bad, consider experiencing it without central air. My tower fan became my BFF, but it wasn’t enough for Saturday’s misery. Thankfully, a friend and I sought refuge in stores and bars to beat the heat. Woof.
- Irma Prep: I’m not talking about LuLaRoe, y’all. As yet another hurricane makes its way to the States, I’ve got my eye on Irma. Paths aren’t always predictable, but I’m staying in close contact with family and friends about their evacuation plans. In the meantime, all I can really do is sit and wait. And tell the same thing to my thoughtful friends and co-workers here who keep asking about it 😉
- NOT Fantasy Football: Are you as surprised as I am? After about eight years of juggling fantasy teams with pools. pick ‘ems and survivor leagues, I’m taking a break. Well, from the fantasy part at least. I’ve declined four invitations and couldn’t be more excited to just watch the games this year without a ton of invested interest. Bonus: I won’t have player paralysis because I have someone in one league but am up against them in another.
- Magz’s Big Birthday: What’s the most exciting thing tomorrow brings? My momma has a milestone birthday to celebrate! I won’t talk numbers, because I am a lady, but I have high hopes for the year ahead. The best is yet to come for my favorite mother, and I can’t wait to see what her next year brings. 143 always.
I started out this week sick and exhausted, but my energy is slowly picking back up. Could be the beautiful SF weather we’re having, or the fact that UberPOOL has been offering $5 rides anywhere in town … hello, easiest commute ever. Whatever the reason, here’s what else I’m digging:
- “The Celebrity Apprentice”: I know, I know. I watch the worst TV. But I just can’t help tuning in to see what crazy things Kenya, Brandi and Geraldo will say next. Join me, won’t you? Mondays, 8-10 p.m. local time on NBC.
- La Croix: I’ve been trying really hard to cut back on my Coke addiction (read: soda). Enter this sparkling water, which I was so skeptical of until I finally bought a 12-pack. It’s light and refreshing, yet crisp and flavorful.
- Super Bowl XLIX (I Guess): OK, so I couldn’t care less about #deflategate and will only be watching for the commercials this year. Whom do you choose when you hate both teams? Katy Perry for her halftime show, that’s who.
- Sia – “Elastic Heart”: The music video has gotten a lot of flak, but Sia’s dancers and their chilling performance on SNL a few weeks ago is what’s really stuck with me. The lyrics are eerily beautiful, too.
Some content is NSFW.
I’ve officially rejoined society and this millennium with working Internet—finally! Go ahead and crack open a beer — it’s only fitting with this week’s theme:
- College Football Is Back: My team is off to a 1-0 start, so here’s hoping we don’t F it up against Maryland this weekend! S-O-U-T-H, F-L-O-R-I-D-A, South Florida, South Florida, Gooooo Bulls! (Never said we were particularly creative.)
- Pro Football Is Back: Tomorrow begins the most wonderful time of the year — the pro football season! I’ve been dreaming of pigs in a blanket and cheese dip and soft pretzels since February … because clearly, it’s all about the food.
- Fantasy Football Is Back: I’m making up for lost time last season and in two leagues this year. (Plus a pick ‘em pool, but who’s counting?) Obsessing over individual players for the next 4 months will definitely not annoy my friends. Not one bit.
- FOOTBALL.: Didja hear? Like a kid on Christmas, I will be that incessant chatterbox and fill up on candy (or beer) to the point of explosion. You’ve been warned.