I learned rather quickly today the best and worst things about Halloween here in New York …
- BEST: You’re not sure if other people are in costume or their everyday attire.
- WORST: The guy dressed as “Cast Away” yelled at you for not giving him money.
- BONUS: He followed up with a rant about how he speaks American. Gotta love it.
Have a safe and happy Halloween! Here’s hoping the only spirits visiting you are 80 Proof — and enjoy this awesome playlist my co-worker made for the frightful night ahead 🙂
My favorite month is coming to a close, and I’m nothing short of depressed. The best holiday of the year is tomorrow, but it will only be upstaged come Friday with Christmas countdowns and far-too-early fa-la-las.
So because I’m bitter (like my friend, Ben), I’m totally tapping out and just going to post the only thing on my mind:
Talk about #firstworldproblems. What costume are you wearing this year? Mine had mixed reviews — you can check it out here tomorrow! And Happy Hallo-week!
Fall! October! Orange! Pumpkin! … What is it about this month that makes everyone lose their collective shit? Clearly, I’m not one of those people.* Riiiight.
- MY NIECE!: Yes, this is an all-caps situation. Allison Marie was born last Thursday at 7:56 p.m. Both she and my sister-in-law are doing well, and I can’t wait to see them (and Brother, too) soon!
- These Boots: Even though NYC’s weather isn’t cooperating, every new season requires new shoes. These Bandolino rider boots were 40% off with my discount, so of course I needed them in two colors.
- Leah & Sam’s Wedding: My dear friend celebrates her marriage Saturday, and I’m thrilled to be there for her. We’ll take in the Washington sites (possibly), and eat and drink for days (definitely). Speaking of DC …
- The Government Shutdown: OK, I’m obviously not thrilled to see Congress implode. But Jon Stewart’s rant below is pretty damn entertaining, and Jimmy Kimmel reveals just how clueless so many are. Shocking, I know. Whatever your stance, it can’t be argued: The downward spiral of American politics continues.
Poor quality, but the original one is no longer available.
*Did you count how many of those very things I featured? Amateurs.
You’ve been waiting in anticipation — better late than never, right? I couldn’t possibly break my 69-week streak of WOs by letting a little technology mishap take over, now could I? (If you’re new to rhetorical questions, please keep answers to yourselves.)
- Breast Cancer Awareness: No explanation required, but I’m gonna give you one anyway. Breast cancer affects millions of women each year — take a moment to support a worthy cause in some way this October.
- Ryan Gosling as a Young Canuck: Sure, Gosling is your dream husband now, but what was he like back then? BuzzFeed gives us an intimate look at his younger days. Spoiler alert: He’s still dreamy.
- A Power Dress: Every girl needs one, and I’ve just found mine. This red shift from JCPenney (who knew?) has leather accents and pockets — sold. I wore it yesterday and found a new fan favorite.
- “If I Didn’t Know Better” – “Nashville” Version: I was skeptical of this new show on ABC, but the premiere ended with this cover of a smoking song from Band I Love: The Civil Wars. It’s been stuck ever since, and I’m not even mad about it.