Remember how my one goal last weekend was to pick up a notebook? That’s it. One goal. I failed miserably.
I did, however, manage to accomplish a lot: Errands throughout the city, two birthday celebrations for friends of friends and another fiasco in Brooklyn I won’t soon forget. Oh, and PUPPY BOWL IX.
- New York (Mercedes-Benz) Fashion Week: Any chance of me being productive this weekend is thrown out when you consider the world’s biggest names in fashion will be in my backyard. I don’t even have a yard, but you get the point.
- Pandora Radio: My playlists have been lackluster as of late, and I was in need of new music finds. Thank goodness Pandora does all the legwork for me and I just have to hit a little Like or Dislike button to customize my daily soundtrack.
- The “Parks and Recreation” Cast: Aubrey steals from Joe Biden. Aziz called Dior by the wrong name. Nick is a woodworker and married to Megan Mullally. Chris stars in “Zero Dark Thirty,” will be a superhero next and married Anna Faris. Oh, and Amy. Sweet, sweet Amy. Need I say more?
- “Let Her Go” – Passenger: Pandora found this little gem for me through my Of Monsters and Men station. I can’t stop listening to it and am officially an addict to singer Mike Rosenberg’s voice. Swoon.
I’m not quite sure how it’s already Wednesday again or how I got here, but one thing I’m sure of is how much I can’t wait for a lady date tonight at my favorite Italian place, Bella’s. Oh, and I’m sure I really love these four finds:
- CinéBistro: I’ve experienced two movies at this ultra-plush and cool theatre experience. It’s a little bit pricey, but totally worth it to be among a 21+ crowd and in roomy chairs.
- Shellacked Nails: A little late to the game here, but I had my first shellac manicure this past weekend and am in L-O-V-E. Again, a bit more expensive — but it lasts longer and looks phenomenal.
- 7-Eleven: Who can resist a free Slurpee? Let’s give a cheer for this annual event that excites everyone about stained tongues and sugar rushes. Yum!
- Of Monsters and Men – “Little Talks”: This six-piece Icelandic indie band has stolen my heart with their first U.S. single. Reminds me a lot of Edward Sharpe … and we all know how I feel about him.
Though the truth may vary, the ship will carry our bodies safe to shore.
Hope my fellow Floridians are staying dry (and cool). Off to drown myself in vino and Pollo Milano.