A million thanks to all y’all who reached out and were thinking of me this past week. I can never express enough how much it means to me to have you in my corner.
- The Bachelorette: Yes, I’m still a fan despite how petty the boys are from Hannah B.’s season. I’ve never seen any main player on this franchise who is so open about their faith, frustration and fun-loving side. Her narration of (fake) Boston history remains legendary. Is it the most dramatic season ever? Unclear. But damn, I’ll keep watching.
- Saje Natural Wellness: I previously gushed about the diffuser my roomies got me for my birthday last year, so it’s no surprise I’ve since fallen for approximately 20 of Saje’s oils as well. Headache? Peppermint Halo. Stuffy? Inhale. Sultry? Tantra. There’s an oil for everything! Between this and Pine & Patchouli, I’m one happy (non-smelly) camper.
- “ME!” – Taylor Swift f. Brendon Urie: Somehow, I managed to miss featuring this earworm, and TayTay already has a new one out (hold your horses). The bubble-gum, rainbow, magical video set is one thing. Her voice mixed with Brendon Urie’s is another level altogether. Yes, she overacts. Yes, the lyrics are kinda cheesy. But don’t act like you haven’t had this on repeat for months.
- “You Need to Calm Down” – Taylor Swift: In time for Pride, TSwift’s lyrical genius returns with another banger and too many celeb cameos to count. The ultimate message: Support the Equality Act on Change.org. Next week marks 50 years since the Stonewall Inn riots inspired the modern LGBTQ+ movement, and we still have strides to make. There is a complicated debate around her privilege, but I still believe any attention to a worthy cause is better than ignoring or suppressing the spotlight.
The sun has been out the past few days for what feels like the first time all year. Dramatic? Maybe. Still going with it? Totally.
- Beretta SF: I met up with former colleagues at this staple for brunch over the weekend, and it didn’t disappoint. I’d only been before for drinks and dinner (including my very first SF visit!), but the brunch menu is just as thoughtful and tasty. We did get a peep show from a neighbor… but it was all in good fun and very SF.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream: The combination of dry, winter weather and constant sniffles left my skin in such a state. I put on my patience pants and trekked to Sephora, scouring shelves for the right fix. The answer was so simple: This bestselling cream is thick, yet light; it’s moisturizing, but not greasy. Holy grail, Monty. This is staying in my routine for a while.
- Pine & Patchouli: I’m rather new to the self-care movement and always looking for affordable, natural ways to improve. My friend April is the creative genius behind this Instagram account with natural, beautiful options to breathe better, reduce inflammation, clean up, you name it! I may be biased, but I can assure you the oils are a godsend for so many of life’s little problems.
- “Pity Party” – Melanie Martinez: Confession: My parents used to play classic stations exclusively in the car, so I got a fantastic education in music from the ‘50s-‘80s. One of my very favorite songs of all time is “It’s My Party” by Lesley Gore, so imagine my delight when I heard this recent nod to the OG! I may or may not have already listened 100X and counting. Oops?