It’s a double whammy celebration today with Valentine’s Day AND Ash Wednesday — can you feel the excitement? No? Well, put on your party pants because it’s about to get crazy up in here.
- Chloe Kim: If you know me, you know I LOVE the Olympics. One of many reasons why is a story like Chloe’s: She was 2014’s best snowboarder but too young to compete in the Sochi games. Fast forward to today and she’s winning it all — and her dad is winning our hearts.
- Shib Sibs: I’m fascinated by ice dancing as a sport and this brother-sister duo only adds to the intrigue. I love my brother and would do anything for him, but I can’t imagine being partnered with him for decades of competition. How these two still get along is beyond me, but you go, Shib Sibs!
- Adam Rippon: There’s not much I love more than a quick-witted shit talker who can back up their stuff. Adam is the quintessential figure skating and LGBTQ icon we’ve all dreamed of, and his haters know where to go… to the left, to the left.
- Maame Biney: It wouldn’t be a tribute to PyeongChang without talking about this superstar. To some, she came out of nowhere and now she’s making history as the first African-American woman to represent the U.S. in speed skating. Don’t let her electric smile and bubbly personality fool you — she’s a beast on the ice.
What are some of your favorite Olympic moments so far? Let me know in the comments and we can nerd out together 🙂
I’m happy to report I made it safely back to SF, and even happier to report my four-day migraine has finally subsided. Is it possible my silent apartment was, in fact, deafening after eight days of nonstop fun with two nieces, two dogs and family galore?
- RIO 2016: If you know anything about me from 2012 and 2014, you know “obsessed” is an understatement for how I feel about the Olympics. The opening ceremonies in Rio are Friday, and I can’t quite wait to fill the DVR with gymnastics, beach volleyball, swimming, sailing and speedwalking.
- Local Olympians: It wouldn’t be fair to mention my love for the games without highlighting alumni of my high school and college Greek life, respectively. Ryan Lochte already has 11 Olympic swimming medals, so why not add some more to the collection — and with a new ‘do? And Paige Railey hopes to sail her way to victory in her second Olympic games. Good luck, FL friends!
- Cosmo + Tasha Tie the Knot: In non-Olympics news, a good friend from my Tampa days will marry the love of his life in Napa next week. The celebrations start Friday, though, so it’s a good a time as ever to wish them well. Cheers to all this next chapter will bring, you two — I can’t wait to celebrate!
- U.S. Men’s Basketball Sings Vanessa Carlton: Is there anything better than a bunch of grown men, who are professional basketball players, singing a sickly sweet pop song? I submit that there is not. Carmelo just isn’t having it, but the other guys seem to know a good thing when they hear it.
How’s my week going? My contact ripped while inside my eye today. You’re welcome for that visual.
Not to fear! Here are some other, hopefully less vomit-inducing presents:
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine: The Olympics are over, so I had to find something new to binge-watch. Thank goodness for Andy Samberg and this delightful little cop comedy. The supporting characters are equally entertaining and ridiculous.
- MikWiki’s Birthday: My friend, my muse, my everything. This Brooklyn guy is one of my best friends and has stuck by me for more than 10 years. He deserves the world … or at least another Xtina tour!
- Atlantic City: We celebrated Mike’s birthday in AC last weekend, and let me tell you: It’s absolutely a place you should be for 24 hours at most. What a clusterfuck. But, a fun clusterfuck and I can’t wait for the next visit!
- “Dirrty” – Christina Aguilera: I couldn’t possibly do a tribute without including his muse, his everything. This track, in particular, will always remind me of Mike because his choreography to it is ON. POINT.