Coming off a week of work + play in San Diego, I am nothing if not tired. So it’s perfect timing for a week-long work summit, don’t you think? I’m grateful I’m not jet-lagged like my colleagues from Europe and Asia, but I am in need of more coffee than usual for this marathon event.
While researching for a presentation I’m giving tomorrow, I was reminded of this classic Yuletide favorite. I loved Parks & Rec, naturally, and Nick Offerman (AKA Ron Swanson) is the perfect person to watch by the fire, sipping his whisky.
Please enjoy and look forward to some full-fledged obsessions — plus other posts — coming soon!
You may need to verify your age before watching.
It’s the highest holy day known as Galentine’s Day and silly me neglected to prep this post ahead of the festivities. Between an 11-hour workday, making Valentine’s for co-workers, a girls’ night out at yoga and a recurring broken circuit, I do solemnly swear it wasn’t my intention to leave you hanging.
So here are a few Galentine’s gifs to get you in the spirit, even if the day is almost over (slash already over for East Coasters). Here’s hoping you’re celebrating all the fabulous gals in your life, near and far!
And speaking of national holidays, my college bestie reminded me of today’s other important holiday:
Happy anniversary, Ryan & Kelly!
In case you’re not FB friends with Magz and haven’t seen her weeklong countdown … it’s my birthday tomorrow! It kind of snuck up on me, probably because I’ve been packing every weekend with funtivities and nearly forgot to pay rent this month. Adulthood.
- 27 Ways to Be as American as Ron Swanson: Because, ‘Merica. And though I can’t grow a moustache like his, my mere existence is defined by #22. I’d say that’s a fair trade.
- Pie Face: My cubemate introduced me to this sweet and savory shop yesterday and I’m already hooked. I can’t wait to indulge in an all-American apple pie & caramel smasher tomorrow!
- Macy’s 37th Annual 4th of July Fireworks: Shameless plug? Sure, why not. Hosted by Nick Cannon, this year’s show features his wifey, plus Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez. Like, OMG.
- “The Remedy” – Jason Mraz: OK, I totally admit to loving this song simply because it opens with “ … fireworks from the freeway … ‘cause you were born on the 4th of July, freedom ring.” So sue me!
Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th!
It’s been one helluva week in news, what with Amanda Bynes’s continued meltdown and two other attention whores naming their kid North West. I’m sorry, you thought I meant real news? Psh posh. Today’s top stories:
- “Catfish: The TV Show”: I seriously hate myself for getting hooked, but there was a marathon leading to last night’s Season 2 premiere and I just couldn’t stop. Damn you, Internet, for making this show possible!
- Wil Myers: Although he plays for the Rays, this kid (yeah, 22!) has made quite the debut. His Grand Slam against my Yankees Saturday was his first major-league homer. He then went home to hit a HR against Toronto and help snap their 11-game streak. Not bad!
- Aubrey Plaza: Obviously, I love her on Parks & Rec, but today is also her birthday. So for that, I salute her. Even if she had a total WTF? moment on live TV.
- “Rouse Yourself” – JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound: The birthday girl stars with Human Grumpy Cat Jake Johnson in this funky fresh music video. The song is dark but dreamy; stick through the whole video — the surprise ending is worth it.
And for you dedicated readers, I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Some personal issues have diverted my attention, but I promise to get back on track soon. Thanks for sticking with me!
We’ve been working on a high-priority project, and I’m naturally rocking it like a hurricane. My Creative Director needed copy for a mock-up of different sales we offer, including one with the (fake) promo code TREAT.
My Parks & Rec inspired suggestion? TREAT YO’SELF.
It’s been weeks, and I still say it like they’ve never heard it before.
Because it’s hilarious.
And you gotta celebrate small victories in the workplace.
At least I’m not getting kicked out of the MTV Movie Awards for these antics, right?
Remember how my one goal last weekend was to pick up a notebook? That’s it. One goal. I failed miserably.
I did, however, manage to accomplish a lot: Errands throughout the city, two birthday celebrations for friends of friends and another fiasco in Brooklyn I won’t soon forget. Oh, and PUPPY BOWL IX.
- New York (Mercedes-Benz) Fashion Week: Any chance of me being productive this weekend is thrown out when you consider the world’s biggest names in fashion will be in my backyard. I don’t even have a yard, but you get the point.
- Pandora Radio: My playlists have been lackluster as of late, and I was in need of new music finds. Thank goodness Pandora does all the legwork for me and I just have to hit a little Like or Dislike button to customize my daily soundtrack.
- The “Parks and Recreation” Cast: Aubrey steals from Joe Biden. Aziz called Dior by the wrong name. Nick is a woodworker and married to Megan Mullally. Chris stars in “Zero Dark Thirty,” will be a superhero next and married Anna Faris. Oh, and Amy. Sweet, sweet Amy. Need I say more?
- “Let Her Go” – Passenger: Pandora found this little gem for me through my Of Monsters and Men station. I can’t stop listening to it and am officially an addict to singer Mike Rosenberg’s voice. Swoon.
Last night’s episode of “Parks and Recreation” reminded me just how much I adore the swag-tastic Tom Haverford.
Let’s take a moment to see poor Jerry go into cardiac arrest — and Tom’s ridiculous reaction (skip to 9:21 in).
And then, there’s this:
Is it possible to marry a fictional character?