I’m slightly less cranky this week, even though I had a near meltdown at lunch today when the only non-salad, milk-free option was gone. I’m counting down until Whole30 is done and can’t wait to share my results with you! I promise, it’s been worth it — even if I do cry over spilled soup.
- Nels Beauty Salon: Have you ever wanted to step inside Hello Kitty’s house or Barbie’s salon? Nels is about as close as you can get in San Francisco, and I had no idea. My friend had a Groupon for a gel manicure, so I made an appointment for myself. From the decor to the brushes and hot-stone elements, it was easily one of the best manicures I’ve ever had.
- Izakaya Kou: Another gem I recently discovered was this Japanese restaurant with a cozy, yet upscale, vibe. I’ve been grateful for any sashimi and nagiri during Whole30, and their hamachi carpaccio did not disappoint either. Although a bit pricey, this is would be a great date spot or girls’ night out option. Cheers to that!
- Yoga for CFF: Tonight, I’m proud to support my good friend and her work with Tomorrow’s Leaders in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. We’ll be attending a yoga class downtown, with all proceeds benefiting the CFF. While I’m not closely connected to anyone fighting this disease, I couldn’t be more touched by what my friend does in honor of her strong sister.
- Gasparilla Invades SF: It’s that time of year again! Tampa Bay’s finest tradition comes to this Bay Area via my self-imposed celebration. The Buccaneer staff won’t know what hit ‘em, even with this being the third(? fourth?) year in a row. I’ve got the beads, temporary tattoos, bandanas and beads in tow — ARRRRGH ya ready?
I have to keep this week’s obsessions rather short and sweet — because I’m on vacation and refuse to spend any more time online than necessary.
- (and 2, 3 and 4) FLORIDA LOVE: I’m in Florida for a dear friend’s wedding, and the festivities begin with tonight’s Bachelorette Party. Tomorrow, we’ll lounge by the pool, and then Friday will be the big day! I couldn’t be more excited to celebrate Jamie and Chris, and I’ll get some QT in with the family. Win-win-win.
Since I’m kinda leaving you guys hanging, here’s one of my favorite songs that always reminds me of home. Enjoy 🙂