I don’t allow myself to get excited for any holiday until a week (maybe two) prior. It’s the nature of my job — planning content for the winter while suffering through July’s sweltering heat makes me grinchy. I’d rather stab Santa than read one more article about how to have a holly, jolly holiday.
But this year, something changed. I’m genuinely excited for the coming weeks, and it all begins with what used to be my least-favorite celebration: Thanksgiving. Try one of these Turkey Day recipes — some I’ve tested, others I’ve tasted. Enjoy!
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pie by Dreamy Desserts
- Bourbon Pumpkin Tart with Streusel Topping by Smells Like Home
- Thankful Rolls by The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Turkey Cupcakes by Spoonful
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by Fever Avenue
- Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate by Closet Cooking
- TV Dinner Cupcakes by Black & Eiffel
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread by Sunday Baker
Clearly, I have a sweet tooth. It’s only a problem if you make it one.
Presenting this week’s obsessions that really don’t require any introduction:
- Coach K’s historic win: After leading the Duke Men’s basketball team to victory last night, Coach K’s comments about his 903rd win were simple and pure. He’s a true example of collegiate and athletic greatness.
- Patterned tights: Perfect for keeping my leggies warm (and stylish, natch), tights are the best way to add interest to a plain tunic or dress. And, No-Shave November thanks you, too 🙂
- Pumpkin everything: From lattes to cakes and bread to brews, I can’t get enough pumpkin in my life right meow. Anything that tastes like a season has me sold.
- Kittens Inspired by Kittens. This YouTube gem has been a fave of mine for a long time, but it’s exactly what I need to lift my spirits after a long day.
Till next time, friends …