So, um. I move to San Fran in TEN DAYS. To say I’m ready would be a flat-out lie, so let’s just keep on procrastinating with these four finds:
- FALL.: That’s right, white girls can officially rejoice in a few days because the weather is changing and Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back! I’m personally just excited to sweat a little bit less … call me crazy.
- New York Fashion Week: With the emergence of fall also comes NYFW — a shining, glittering beacon for all the aspiring Miranda Priestlys of the world. I’m not super in-tune with the trends, but this color palette has me admittedly giddy.
- Van Diemens: I can’t believe I’ve never publicly obsessed over this bar … it’s been a steadfast go-to for a solid year! My alumni group hosts events here, and it’s also where my going-away party will be Saturday night 😥
- “Here I Go Again” – Audra Mae: I heard a snippet of this cover during a Bravo promo, and I am totally hooked. It’s raw and real, and I can’t get her voice outta my head.
Fall! October! Orange! Pumpkin! … What is it about this month that makes everyone lose their collective shit? Clearly, I’m not one of those people.* Riiiight.
- MY NIECE!: Yes, this is an all-caps situation. Allison Marie was born last Thursday at 7:56 p.m. Both she and my sister-in-law are doing well, and I can’t wait to see them (and Brother, too) soon!
- These Boots: Even though NYC’s weather isn’t cooperating, every new season requires new shoes. These Bandolino rider boots were 40% off with my discount, so of course I needed them in two colors.
- Leah & Sam’s Wedding: My dear friend celebrates her marriage Saturday, and I’m thrilled to be there for her. We’ll take in the Washington sites (possibly), and eat and drink for days (definitely). Speaking of DC …
- The Government Shutdown: OK, I’m obviously not thrilled to see Congress implode. But Jon Stewart’s rant below is pretty damn entertaining, and Jimmy Kimmel reveals just how clueless so many are. Shocking, I know. Whatever your stance, it can’t be argued: The downward spiral of American politics continues.
Poor quality, but the original one is no longer available.
*Did you count how many of those very things I featured? Amateurs.
I don’t allow myself to get excited for any holiday until a week (maybe two) prior. It’s the nature of my job — planning content for the winter while suffering through July’s sweltering heat makes me grinchy. I’d rather stab Santa than read one more article about how to have a holly, jolly holiday.
But this year, something changed. I’m genuinely excited for the coming weeks, and it all begins with what used to be my least-favorite celebration: Thanksgiving. Try one of these Turkey Day recipes — some I’ve tested, others I’ve tasted. Enjoy!
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pie by Dreamy Desserts
- Bourbon Pumpkin Tart with Streusel Topping by Smells Like Home
- Thankful Rolls by The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Turkey Cupcakes by Spoonful
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by Fever Avenue
- Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate by Closet Cooking
- TV Dinner Cupcakes by Black & Eiffel
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread by Sunday Baker
Clearly, I have a sweet tooth. It’s only a problem if you make it one.