I’m fighting off a fierce cold before visiting good friends in Memphis this weekend. Nobody likes a Mr. Sniffles — so besides NyQuil, here are this week’s faves:
- “The Shawshank Redemption”: A movie worthy of its own post, Shawshank was on the other night and had me in love all over again. “Get busy livin’ or get busy dyin” = pure magic.
- “Somebody That I Used to Know”: It’s been stuck in my head for weeks now — I keep hearing it in commercials and promos, so I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Gotye and Kimbra are my new BFFs.
- High Hopes in High Heels: This incredible women’s group will soon kick off another fabulous year. I hope all my Tampa lady friends can make it Thursday, April 5 — Centre Club at 6 p.m.!
- Another Adage: “Speaking with quiet confidence will always beat screaming with obvious insecurity.” It puts me at peace as I struggle through some personal issues.
Can you blame me for including Morgan Freeman twice? He’s a boss.
The video is pretty sick — let’s be real here.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- If you’re the clown who hacked my student loan account, I won’t report it if you just pay off my balance 🙏🏼 3 weeks ago
- I would give anything to be snort laughing with @brandimo_ IRL right now but I guess a 2h 41m phone date will suffice ❤️❤️ 1 month ago
- RT @kristenbrockman: Have you purchased your “GET SALTY” virtual comedy show ticket yet? Today is the LAST DAY to buy! We can’t wait to lau… 1 month ago