Mild spoiler alert: If you haven’t seen this week’s “Game of Thrones” or “The Bachelorette,” you may want to stop reading here…
- Applebee’s: Remember when Aidan from SATC was the voice of Applebee’s, and the tagline was “Eatin’ good in the neighborhood”? Ahh, sweet nostalgia. I recently revisited my old HS stomping grounds for after-party karaoke and it didn’t disappoint. 2-4-1 margaritas, shared appetizers and a TWELVE-DOLLAR BILL. Sometimes, it’s good to go back to your roots — and cheaper prices.
- Game of Thrones: I know, I’ve already mentioned GoT in these obsessions before, but this past week’s episode was so damn incredible, I would be a fool to forget it. My superstitious side says it was because it was Episode 07.04, which happens to be my birthday. And my logical side says it was because they’ve been building so many storylines and it was about time for some MAJOR stuff to go down this season. Hot damn 🔥
- “The Bachelorette” Finale… NOT: Booooo, hiss. We waited all season for Rachel Lindsay to pick a perfect mate and I’m quite disappointed with her final rose. The second place suitor wasn’t ready to propose after six weeks of dating, which sounds completely normal outside of Bachelor Nation. Unfortunately, Rachel claimed to have found the real thing elsewhere, and while I wish them well, I don’t understand how she literally cried off her eyelashes over the runner-up and got engaged to someone else the next day. Reality TV at its finest…
- “White Liar” – Miranda Lambert: That karaoke session I mentioned? Well, Daytona’s finest chose this little ditty and my youngest cousin swore up and down it was a Reba McEntire song. I don’t know if I’ve ever laughed as much as I have while hearing his arguments, but I do know I’ll always enjoy hearing this one when it comes up in my playlist.
In case you couldn’t tell from yesterday’s social media teaser, I’ve been on a bit of a high kick lately. It could be from binge-watching “RuPaul’s Drag Race” or because I am slowly losing all of my last fucks to give, but I’m all about “drag” this week. You’ll see.
- Drag Queens of Comedy: A friend suggested this event a while ago, and the date finally came for us to enjoy these lovely ladies’ raunchy routines. I laughed so hard I cried, and I envied the hair and makeup I’ve never quite nailed myself. The singing, the dancing, the jokes, the SHADE of it all! Brava, queens… you slayed.
- Dragon Beaux: This iconic establishment is reported to have the best dim sum in SF, and I’m happy to report back how delicious it truly is. From the dumplings to the noodles and steamed buns, you really can’t go wrong. It’s worth making a reservation and avoiding the crazy-long line — you won’t be disappointed.
- A Draggggged Bachelor: • BACHELORETTE SPOILER ALERT • We’re only in Week 2, but there’s already more drama than Nick’s entire season. DeMario’s ex showed up to tell Rachel he’d been running around on both of them. His face says it all… and Bachelor Nation didn’t hold back on Twitter. God bless this ridiculous reality show and the people it brings with it (like my hometown boy, the professional Tickle Monster).
- “Supermodel (You Better Work)” – RuPaul: Well, obviously. The queen of all queens, RuPaul, has brought both awareness and joy to millions through various platforms (and I’m not talking about the shoes). Her legendary hit single is extra ‘90s, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. If loving Ru is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.