A combination of alcohol, friends visiting and stressful workdays have sucked the life out of me. I’m not necessarily complaining, but I am giving myself an excuse for the blogging rut I’ve been in. I swear (à la All 4 One) that I’ll be back to regular posts very soon. Forgive me, via these four finds?
- 24 Vines that You’ll Watch Over and Over Again: I haven’t gotten into the whole six-second video trend yet, but BuzzFeed compiled this list of greatest hits for us to enjoy. I can’t even handle #13, even after watching it approximately 30 times.
- My Friends Are Married: Most 20-somethings can relate to this tumblr, which pokes fun at all the engaged, married and pregnant people in our single, supposed-to-be-miserable lives. Check out the hilarious — and often truthful — observations.
- The Faux Milania G: Any fan of “Real Housewives of New Jersey” is familiar with Teresa and Joe Giudice’s demon daughter, Milania. Her parody Twitter account is as insane as it is entertaining, especially because plenty of idiots think it’s an actual 7-year-old tweeting.
- “Follow Your Arrow” – Kacey Musgraves: Country newcomer Musgraves made quite the splash with her debut album, Same Trailer Different Park. It is any wonder I’ve had this spicy single on repeat lately?
Follow your arrow wherever it points.
Did you guys know it’s an election year? I hadn’t heard until recently — and even then, I thought it was an election for the next Olympic Master of Ceremonies. (McCartney 2016, anyone?) Sarcasm-laden sentences aside, I am suuuper ready for the presidential election to be dunzo.
And since the results will only mean more complaining and political posts, I’ve got my own nominations for Wittyburg Elections 2012. Get your ballots in now!
Voting Key: (I) = Incumbent, (C) = Challenger
Best Campaign Gaffe
- (I) Biden’s Awkward Biker Pic – Nothing says “Vote!” like an old white guy hanging with Hell’s Angels.
- (C) Romney’s “Binders Full of Women” Comment – Inspiring thousands of Halloween costumes.
Worst Song of 2012
- (I) “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” – Taylor Swift does it again (makes my ears bleed).
- (C) “Gangnam Style” – The dance alone is cringe-worthy, but the lyrics put it over the edge.
Best Arnett Kid
- (I) Abel – As my brother will tell you, first-born is always the favorite.
- (C) Archie – His ginger death stare is terrifying.
Worst Natural Disaster
- (I) Lindsay Lohan – There’s no saving this Hollywood train wreck.
- (C) Hurricane Sandy* – 8 million without power and landmarks destroyed.
Best Cast of “The Real Housewives”
- (I) New Jersey – Flipping tables was just the beginning.
- (C) Atlanta – Former Miss USA joins the cast … let the drama unfold.
Make sure you vote in the presidential election too, of course, and check out the Honey Boo Boo costume contest I’m seriously part of. Real life.
*Regarding the horrific Hurricane Sandy, take two minutes and donate to The Red Cross to support relief efforts.
I’d like to say the week has improved drastically since my Murphy’s Law Monday, but I’m a terrible liar. To keep my head from spinning off “Exorcist” style, here’s what has kept my membrane sane.
If you can’t identify Betty in this picture, you need to revaluate your life.
Betty White: I’ve adored Bets since I started watching late-night reruns of “The Golden Girls” a decade ago. The theme song is my ringtone AND I have a koozie of these women, for fuck’s sake. Magz gave me “If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won’t)” for my birthday, and I’ve since rekindled my love for the old bag of bones. Thank you for being a friend, indeed.
Food. What? All of the other pictures have captions.
EVOS:One saving grace about this week was today’s lunch, brought to me by the mall food court. I was too lazy (again) to go to the grocery store — get off my back already. After a bit of a wait, the manager gave us $10 gift cards for the inconvenience. That’ll cover one meal, which is just fiiine by me.
Not the boy from gym. But oh, how I wish it were.
Smexy Boy at Gym: OK, “obsession” is a little strong, considering we just met. And by met, I mean that I creepily watched from afar as he stretched it out this morning to the beat of the booming slow jamz. I don’t know if it was an intentional break from the trance/pop/rock mix they normally have on, but I welcomed it with open arms. Bow-chicka-wow-wow.
I actually think Alex is the least tolerable, but how great is this shot?
Real Housewives: From the insane first half of the New York reunion to this week’s hilarious New Jersey ep to the triumphant return of Beverly Hills (thanks, Rachel, for alerting me to the promo!), I am all about the RH empire.