Two posts in one day, can you believe it? I’m such a giver; I know. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, here’s a super simple and delicious recipe for Red Velvet Cookies — yes, you read that correctly: Red. Velvet. Cookies.
In less than 30 minutes, you can make a batch of these for your Valentine (even if your Valentine is Jim Beam — only God can judge me).
Red Velvet Cookies
Original recipe at Duncan Hines
MAKES: 24–30 cookies
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can Pillsbury Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese frosting
- 1 piping bag or gallon-size resealable plastic bag
- Colored sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine one (1) box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet cake mix, two (2) eggs and one-third (1/3) cup vegetable oil using a hand blender or wire whisk.
- Form teaspoon-size balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet or baking pan about one inch (1″) apart. Slightly pat down the top of each ball.
- Cook for 8–10 minutes (the top of the cookie will crack).
- While cookies cool (about 10 minutes), prepare a piping bag* with frosting.
- Pipe swirls of frosting onto cooled cookies. Top with sprinkles (as desired), and store in an airtight container.
Soldiers lined up for battle.
Baked and almost ready for mah belly.
- Don’t purchase what the cake mix calls for on its box — you only need the above ingredients. Using less oil and mixing without water gives it a cookie-dough texture.
- *You can make your own piping bag using a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Turn bag inside out, and form it over your hand. Scoop frosting by the handful and seal bag. Snip a small opening off the corner for piping.
Lefties are all right!
These are guaranteed to be a new favorite treat for Jim (or Jack or Johnnie or Jose).
BOOM. Baking, son.
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- Watching the @trixiemattel & @katya_zamo #UNHhhh episode about moving & realizing I’m somehow on my NINETEENTH residence 🤯😵💫 2 weeks ago
- Rereading #Crawdads before I see @CrawdadsMovie & I love @LibbyApp’s optimism of finishing it in 218 years 😂 Excite… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 weeks ago
- I used to joke I’d buy myself a @KitchenAidUSA mixer if I wasn’t married by 35 (as I wouldn’t have had a registry).… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago