It might be my now advanced age talking, but I’ve been perpetually pooped since last weekend’s shenanigans. It hasn’t all been fun and games, but I’m hopeful about what this next year will bring.
- “Inside Out”: If you haven’t already seen this latest release from Disney/Pixar, what is the matter with you?! From joy to anger and everything in between, it captures the range of emotions and thoughts we experience every day. The all-star cast of voices is just an added bonus.
- DeLoach Vineyards: According to the brochure I found in my bag, I am now a member of this fine establishment. Their customer service was awesome, the pours were perfect and they have special events for their members year-round. Cheers!
- Lyft: I was an Uber loyalist through and through, but Lyft grabbed my attention with a recent promotion to earn $50 in ride credits. I earned enough five-star ratings as a passenger to sit pretty for my next 10 rides — well done, Lyft! You may have just made me a believer.
- “Brother” – Needtobreathe f. Gavin DeGraw: I have no idea why this song gets me every time, but damn it’s a good one. I find myself humming along long after it’s played and searching for it during an afternoon lull. Plus, the video is pretty great.
So I’m back in NYC this week — for work, but more importantly — to celebrate my work wifey’s wedding! It could be the copious coffee, this electrifying city or a combination of both, but here’s what I’m feeling:
- Earth Day: I know y’all were thinking green on 4/20 but how about you go a step further and do something good for the environment today? Then, reward yourself with this adorable quiz from Google to determine your spirit animal.
- Via: For all you lovelies who are tired of Uber surges in NYC, check out Via — you can go anywhere between 14th and 110th Street, Monday to Friday, 630 a.m. to 930 p.m. for a fraction of the price! Use my friend’s promo code justine4w6 for a $10 credit 🙂
- Obao: It’s no secret that New York has some of the most delicious food in the country, but I experienced Obao last night and was just blown away. From phenomenal pho to incredible desserts and impeccable service, it’s no wonder this place is so popular.
- “Up” – Olly Murs f. Demi Lovato: A co-worker got me hooked on this song, which is just brimming with positivity. I never considered myself a Demi Lovato fan, but the little lady has quite the pipes to support Olly’s smooth singing.