I have every intention of posting more regularly — I promise. But something about the weather and this time of year has me inspired more to socialize than write … it’s a real problem for my wallet (and my liver). Till I can get my act together, here’s what else I’m digging:
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock: I saw this feel-good video on BuzzFeed and was in tears after approximately 20 seconds. Consider donating to their causes and definitely appreciate the awesomeness.
- Retail Therapy: Few things comfort and quiet me the way a good deal does, and I’ve gotten a double dose this week. My employee discount + LOFT’s 50% off sale today = may or may not be broke till payday.
- Hot Apple Cider: Our office Keurigs get plenty of use from others, but I rarely make myself anything. That all changed when a friend recommended the Green Mountain Hot Apple Cider K-Cups. Holy delicious and fall-tastic!
- “What Does the Fox Say?” – Ylvis: I hate myself for letting this song get stuck in my head, but how can you resist the catchiest parody video in months? Simple. Watch their latest release, “Massachusetts” instead.
I say it every month, but seriously — how are we already halfway through October? Cooler weather is in full effect, causing all of NYC to layer up and party down.
Halloween is just 15 days away, which means the early-celebators of Christmas are already being assholes. Can’t time just slow down for a little?
- James Wolk: I first loved this guy from his short stint on “Happy Endings” and really enjoyed him rocking shorty shorts on “Mad Men” this season. Now the hottie with a body is on “The Crazy Ones,” and I will buy whatever he is selling. Hands down.
- “I Am Malala”: This memoir from women’s rights and education activist (not to mention, medical miracle) Malala Yousufzai just arrived in my mailbox. It’s no wonder she was the youngest Nobel Prize nominee — check out her interview with Jon Stewart and feel terrible about how little you accomplished by 16.
- Catch: I had the pleasure of meeting my second cousin last week, and she introduced me to this phenomenal seafood restaurant in the Meatpacking District. We shared scallops, shrimp and a few other appetizers … each one more delicious than the last.
- “Roar” – Katy Perry: This song made a stir a few months back, due to its uncanny resemblance to Sara Bareilles’s single, “Brave.” Whatever your take, I prefer Perry’s music for once in my life. Grrrrowl.