George Zimmerman has a girlfriend and Adam Levine is People‘s Sexiest Man Alive? My friend Kaley said it best — the world is going insane. What’s a girl to do when everyone else seems to be losing their mind? Earbuds in, music on, disappear from society. Here we go:
- SNL – “Worst Cover Songs of All Time”: This season had its hits and misses, but I cannot stop watching this hilarious infomercial for awesomely bad cover songs. Nathan Lane takes the cake by far!
- AcaBelles – “Royals”: I still haven’t seen “Pitch Perfect” (the horror!) but these ladies from FSU straight up kill Lorde’s song. Now, how do I do that mouth-drum thing?
- Phillip Phillips – “Gone, Gone, Gone”: I didn’t think this horribly named young man could do any better than last year’s smash single, “Home.” Boy, is my face red. Let’s just say obsession is putting it mildly here.
- Avicii – “Wake Me Up”: Full disclosure: I confuse this song with ol’ Phillip squared on a regular basis. The key difference? This one gets me pumped like none other.
Click the links above to watch, or enjoy the three I can embed (thanks a heap, SNL).
It’s safe to say my week has been a challenging one. And while I mourn the last of my Summer Fridays, the coming weekend brings my college bestie to the big city and I. CAN’T. WAIT. Until she arrives, here’s what’s keeping me happy:
- Beck Bennett: This year’s favorite spokesperson was just cast for the upcoming season of SNL, and I couldn’t be happier. Here’s hoping he’ll be a standout, along with his Good Neighbor comedy partners, Kyle Mooney and Dave McCreary.
- National Bow Tie Day: I fully support this totally-not-made-up holiday, simply because a bow tie should be celebrated. From Huckleberry Hound to Pee Wee Herman himself, the bow tie is a thing of beauty.
- College Football: It’s the most wonderful time of the yeeear! I can’t wait to celebrate the return of my USF Bulls to the gridiron. Wear your college colors Friday and vote for Rocky in the Capital One mascot contest — because I said so.
- “Royals” – Lorde: Blame it on Pandora. I can’t get this song out of my head, in large part to it being thumbs-upped and me listening to music 50+ hours/week. Excuses aside, I think you’ll love it too.