It’s time for the next installment of my latest series, wherein I complain about first world problems — AKA things I should be grateful I have access to but annoy me anyway.
Remember those Girl Scout cookies I was so obsessed with just two days ago? Well, we’ve hit a snag.
Not only is the serving size ridiculous, fooling you into thinking they’re “not that bad,” (Two cookies? How rude.) but they also greatly vary the amount of cookies in each box.
Why do I get a mountain of Thin Mints and a molehill of the others? It’s just not fair. Honey Boo Boo can’t promote autographed cookie boxes, and I go through my favorite cookies twice as fast as the so-called most popular.
I’m all for Thin Mints; I get why they’re all the rage. But you can’t tell me Peanut Butter Patties (Tagalongs, for the rest of the world) and Caramel deLites (Samoas) aren’t worthy of some well-deserved praise too.
This just doesn’t add up in my book.
It’s not an issue of money, because I’m happy to support the organization that gave me so much while growing up. And I’m no mathematician, but I’m pretty sure one variety shouldn’t have 40 in a box while another has 15. Boo, hiss.
Thankfully, this blogger found a solution for the in-between months of Girl Scout cookie season. I just hope the bakeries will get it together and level the playing field for us cookie monsters.
- Eggs Benedict: My first experience with this dish years ago (in NYC, actually) was a bad one, resulting in illness. I finally got over it two weeks ago and my Keys roommate created our own version. The curse is lifted!
- The Bee’s Knees Peanut Butter: A friend recommended this healthier version of PB, and I finally found it at a local market. Honey and peanut butter come together to make it seriously difficult to not lick the jar clean.
- Girl Scout Cookies: Um, duh. I ordered a few boxes months ago and had totally forgotten — until I returned to the office Monday with them sitting at my desk. Thank goodness my teammates are open to sharing … the last thing I need is 40 Thin Mints laying around.
- “Between the Raindrops” – Lifehouse f. Natasha Bedingfield: After all these treats, it’s pretty obvious a workout is in order. This beat starts a bit slow but picks up and makes it nearly impossible to not dance, run or jump around. Enjoy!
Search by Keyword/Phrase
What You’re Reading
Look Back at It
- If you’re the clown who hacked my student loan account, I won’t report it if you just pay off my balance 🙏🏼 3 weeks ago
- I would give anything to be snort laughing with @brandimo_ IRL right now but I guess a 2h 41m phone date will suffice ❤️❤️ 1 month ago
- RT @kristenbrockman: Have you purchased your “GET SALTY” virtual comedy show ticket yet? Today is the LAST DAY to buy! We can’t wait to lau… 1 month ago