I have to start this post out with a plain and simple apology, you guys. My computer is on the fritz, I’ve clocked more than 30 hours at work this week already, and my terrible cough and cold don’t wanna quit.
Excuses, excuses — but I hate to disappoint y’all!
So please enjoy this fabulous music video for the next seven days and don’t hate me entirely. Promise I’ll be back to normal soon enough. What “normal” is, is yet to be determined.
Because really, I just feel RUDE.
Apparently all the past two months of go-go-go have caught up with me, as I’m feeling quite under the weather. The actual weather may be partially to blame … it’s been rainy and gray since Magz left San Francisco!
In the spirit of sickness, I’m opting out of my usual WO routine and presenting the earworm that’s played in my head approximately a thousand times.
Here’s hoping the cycle of DayQuil, NyQuil, tea and sleep will have me back to my witty self in no time. Cheers!
The Queen of 2014 has performed this one everywhere lately!
I stayed home sick from work today, which means I’m now wired because I slept off the intense nausea I had throughout the night. TMI? Didn’t think so.
So what else is there to do when bedridden all day? Clear the DVR, of course.
- “Drunk History”: What do you get when you mix drunk people talking about the past with celebrated actors reenacting those stories (and lip-synching along)? Answer: This hilarious historical gem.
- “Chopped”: Of course I love cooking shows, because I’ve used my oven once. This one is a weekly battle between four different chefs, tasked to reinvent mystery ingredients. Fascinating, to say the least.
- “I Love the 2000s”: Britney! Nelly! Balloon Boy! VH1’s iconic series takes on the new millenium, and the result is so ridiculously satisfying. Episodes are on demand … and kind of just on all the time.
- “Ladies of London”: I know, I know. I hate myself enough for all of us, but I’m HOOKED on this stupid Bravo show. The drama is so ridiculous, and I just can’t stop watching. God save the Queen, indeed.
Not sold on these obsessions? Just enjoy this segment from a recent episode of “Drunk History”:
I’m feeling much better after a week of illness and some reeeal ugly cries, you guys. It absolutely helps that my cousins are in town for the week to visit — allowing me just enough time for these faves:
- “The Fault in Our Stars”: ‘Twas was the perfect setting to see a movie by myself for the first time. This year’s best read was wonderful on-screen and I highly, highly, highly recommend it.
- HBO Go: A week bedridden was made sort-of OK with this service. 31 episodes of “Game of Thrones” later, and I was feeling almost human again!
- “Fancy” – Iggy Azalea f. Charli XCX: I can’t get enough of I-G-G-Y. One look at my Spotify, and you’ll see I’ve binge-listened approximately 500 times. The “Clueless” music video is just the gangsta cherry on top.
- “Part of Our World”: And I can’t listen to “Fancy” without thinking of this hilarious sketch from Anna Kendrick’s turn hosting SNL. She plays Ariel (“The Little Mermaid”) and teaches Ursula (Aidy Bryant) about today’s popular music.
I hate to break it to you guys, but I am sick, sick, SICK. And since I had to Google “Why am I sweating?” at 730 this morning, I don’t think I’m quite in the right state of mind to offer any recommendations.
Instead, please enjoy Gloria Estefan’s “Conga,” which has inexplicably been in my head for 12 hours.
Hope to be back at it soon — peace and blessings!
Today’s nine hours of travel while fighting off a nasty head cold was enough “adventure” for me to begin my life in New York. And now, our hotel Wi-Fi won’t grant me access — safe to say I’m beyond annoyed.
But I know, without a doubt, I am making the right choice in taking this chance.
Even as the wind of a raging storm whips against our windows, I’m excited and so ready for this chapter to begin.
And I think that’s worth enough WO to last a lifetime.