Good lord, I’m glad you only turn 30 once. I really ran into it head-on, with a tour of wine country, an A’s game with fireworks and a birthday bar crawl/fundraiser/karaoke jam sesh. (If you missed your chance to donate to the ACLU, you can still donate here on my behalf 😉). If you’re a schmuck like me and worked today, here’s a dreamy escape to get you through to Friday…
- Christopher Creek Winery: I joined this winery back in March, solely for the chance to reserve their house for my birthday weekend. I knew it was a long shot, and sure enough, the house wasn’t available for the holiday. But Lea and the CCW team didn’t disappoint — the poolside vibe was perfect to kick off my “Witty in Wine Country” festivities.
- Big John’s Market: We then headed to pick up our boxed lunches from this local shop, which was a steal at $15/person (+ gratuity). The sandwiches, pasta/potato salad and desserts were a welcome addition to our bellies otherwise only full of rosé and reds. Delish!
- Amphora Winery: Our second winery stop was this delightfully charming venue, which pulled out ALL the birthday stops. From a custom menu to chocolate truffles and a thoughtful birthday gift, Rick and the Amphora team were truly amazing. We will happily “revisit” both the wines and the tasting room.
- Pech Merle Winery: Finally, we made our way to this cool, cozy lounge. Jenna and the team were so accommodating and friendly, keeping the drinks flowing and the laughs going. The indoor swing was a huge hit, and they waived tasting fees for each bottle purchased — talk about a win-win!
Whether you wrote a letter, donated to the ACLU, called, messaged or joined me in person, I can honestly say this birthday was one for the record books. Thank you from the bottom of my little Witty heart! Xoxo ❤️💙
It’s that special time of year when families gather to feast, feud and frolic to the store for 1/2 off sweaters. Don’t you just love it?
- Magz Is Here: My favorite mom arrived last Friday and is here for the week. She’s seen and done so much already, but I’m looking forward to more QT together these next few days.
- Macy’s 88th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade: It’s tradition. Watch the parade tomorrow at 9 a.m. EST (or record it on your DVR if you plan to sleep in like us). Can’t wait to see Papa Smurf, Snoopy and all the other iconic characters!
- Terrific Tours: Our first excursion was us a daylong trip through Sonoma’s wine country with Terrific Tours. I can’t recommend their services enough — we saw FIVE wineries, tasted more than 20+ varietals and had entertaining stories throughout the day!
- “All About That Baste” – The Holderness Family: Magz introduced me to this family foursome, known for silly song parodies. I think Meghan Trainor would be proud, #noskinnybritches and all.
Wishing you all a safe and happy Thanksgiving weekend!