So, um. I move to San Fran in TEN DAYS. To say I’m ready would be a flat-out lie, so let’s just keep on procrastinating with these four finds:
- FALL.: That’s right, white girls can officially rejoice in a few days because the weather is changing and Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back! I’m personally just excited to sweat a little bit less … call me crazy.
- New York Fashion Week: With the emergence of fall also comes NYFW — a shining, glittering beacon for all the aspiring Miranda Priestlys of the world. I’m not super in-tune with the trends, but this color palette has me admittedly giddy.
- Van Diemens: I can’t believe I’ve never publicly obsessed over this bar … it’s been a steadfast go-to for a solid year! My alumni group hosts events here, and it’s also where my going-away party will be Saturday night 😥
- “Here I Go Again” – Audra Mae: I heard a snippet of this cover during a Bravo promo, and I am totally hooked. It’s raw and real, and I can’t get her voice outta my head.
This hump day has pretty much kicked me in my hypothetical balls and rubbed my face in dirt — just for good measure. The Band-Aid to my wounds? These four lovelies:
- USF: I’m always obsessed with my Alma Mater, the University of South Florida. But this week, we have two guys going to the Super Bowl (you down with JPP?), and our Tampa campus hosted the GOP debate Monday night! GOOO BULLS 🙂
- Gasparilla: The annual pirate invasion of Tampa Bay began last week, and this weekend is the piece de resistance — an all-out boozefest, with beads and beards alike! Yo ho, yo ho.
- Squaresville: This South Tampa hidden gem is a one-stop shop for all of your vintage needs. From Golden Girls coozies to pirate-themed tanks, they’ve got it. Just beware: The owner’s snark takes some getting used to.
- “This City” by Patrick Stump: I actually can’t stand this song, but I figure since I’m so enamored with Tampa this week, I might as well celebrate it. Learn it, live it, love it.
Signing off before anything else goes wrong tonight … I think Brian Williams said it best Monday: