I’m sure you marked your calendar, but in case you forgot: It’s International Left-Handers Day! As a “special” southpaw who’s overcome anything from spiral notebooks to scissors, I can appreciate … well, the appreciation.
If you’re not sure how to celebrate this momentous occasion, take a few suggestions from a real-life and totally-not-made-up website, LeftHandersDay.com.The possibilities are endless!:
- Create you [sic] own Lefty Zone.
- Learn about left-handed history.
- Check out the “Lefty Lament” song.
- Discover fascinating facts.
- Take the “How Left Are You?” test.
- Download a poster.
- Shop left-handed products.
And, thanks to a report from ABC, I have nothing to worry about:
Despite their minority status, lefties are more likely to excel in music, mathematics and athletics … But left-handedness has also been linked to a higher risk of developmental disorders and mental illness.