I’m low on sleep but high on energy to bring you all this week’s finds. Here’s hoping I don’t crash before I finish…
- La Croix Cocktails: I previously mentioned my love for La Croix flavored sparkling water. Well, I’m hopelessly addicted now that I have an endless supply at work. Good thing a writer at Gizmodo curated nine cocktail recipes to make with La Croix! Happy hour just got a little happier.
- RunKeeper: With my newfound Run Club at work, I wanted to try this wildly popular app to map my route and pace. The welcome series of emails was a little aggressive, but I’m otherwise pleased with the experience so far. Bonus: It’s on sale for just $20/year — get it while you can!
- Firefly: I recently celebrated three months with my company by joining my referring co-worker and our mutual friend at this spot in Noe Valley. It’s largely veg-focused, but I can attest that the fried chicken and biscuit were also stellar. It was a nice departure from my usual menu, especially with the tart and vibrant fried green tomatoes. Yum!
- Jay Pharaoh: SNL’s king of impressions has done it again — this time, mimicking various rappers. Best of all, host and musical guest Drake had something to say about it. Despite the crap quality (thanks for hoarding your videos, SNL), you won’t be disappointed, fam.*
*Am I using that correctly? I’m too old and white to be cool.
I started out this week sick and exhausted, but my energy is slowly picking back up. Could be the beautiful SF weather we’re having, or the fact that UberPOOL has been offering $5 rides anywhere in town … hello, easiest commute ever. Whatever the reason, here’s what else I’m digging:
- “The Celebrity Apprentice”: I know, I know. I watch the worst TV. But I just can’t help tuning in to see what crazy things Kenya, Brandi and Geraldo will say next. Join me, won’t you? Mondays, 8-10 p.m. local time on NBC.
- La Croix: I’ve been trying really hard to cut back on my Coke addiction (read: soda). Enter this sparkling water, which I was so skeptical of until I finally bought a 12-pack. It’s light and refreshing, yet crisp and flavorful.
- Super Bowl XLIX (I Guess): OK, so I couldn’t care less about #deflategate and will only be watching for the commercials this year. Whom do you choose when you hate both teams? Katy Perry for her halftime show, that’s who.
- Sia – “Elastic Heart”: The music video has gotten a lot of flak, but Sia’s dancers and their chilling performance on SNL a few weeks ago is what’s really stuck with me. The lyrics are eerily beautiful, too.
Some content is NSFW.