It’s been a whirlwind of PR nightmares from Pepsi to United Airlines to Melissa McCarthy… (If you don’t understand the third one, start watching “Last Week Tonight.”) I don’t know many who are applauding those mega-oops moments, but here’s what I do appreciate this week:
- Spring Cleaning: In preparation for an upcoming move within SF, I’ve begun purging stuff with the help of friends. Thanks to two separate sessions, led by my master-purge peers, I’ve managed to gather countless items to donate and four bags of trash! Who knew I’d accumulated all that stuff in just 2.5 years?
- A Fresh Mani/Pedi: My Sunday night routine often involves painting my nails as a therapeutic way to wind down the weekend. I was trying some “maybe” colors I wasn’t ready to let go of, but then a dear friend suggested we catch up over mani/pedis Monday night. I can’t think of a better way to spend an hour — being pampered while connecting with loved ones is simply the best!
- Easter: This coming Sunday is sure to be filled with a joyous remembrance of resurrection and life for my fellow Catholics and Christians. Egg dyeing and chocolate bunnies aside, Easter has become one of my favorite holidays for humble reflection and celebration.
- “HUMBLE” – Kendrick Lamar: Speaking of humility, Kendrick Lamar’s latest has flooded my ears all week. It could be a coincidence, given the major blunders we’re witnessing firsthand, but I think I’d be into it regardless. Completely NSFW language ahead — beware before blasting in your office.
Most of my family is celebrating my cousin Kathleen’s wedding on a five-day cruise to the Bahamas. And while I wouldn’t mind lounging in Nassau, I’m getting over a nasty head cold and would have been awful company anyway. Sure, Amanda. Just keep telling yourself that…
- “The Family”: I was reluctant to add yet another show to my must-see list, but this series, so far, breaks all my rules. And I love it. The premise? “A community is rattled when a politician’s son, who was presumed murdered years ago, returns home.” (IMDb) And that’s just the beginning. Trust me, you don’t want to miss this one!
- Spring Has Sprung: Shout out to Daylight Saving Time (now that I’ve adjusted) and the beautiful weather we’ve had lately, because I’m really feeling this springtime thing. We’re still getting a few pockets of rain here and there, but fog retreated and sunshine returned … at least for a little bit.
- Foodnited States: Who says you shouldn’t play with your food? This series of fantastic food photographs celebrates a pun for each of our great 50 states. I’m obviously partial to Flo-radicchio and Kale-ifornia, but there are some other really clever creations. Dig in 🙂
- “Gone” – Parlour Tricks: My boyfriend and I saw Electric Six this weekend, and while I enjoyed their set (again!), the highlight for me was the opening act, Parlour Tricks. These three songstresses and three dudes on instruments brought fun, energy and excitement to the stage. My fave is “Gone,” but all their stuff is equally infectious.