I thought it’d be fun to capture each month’s activities and milestones in a series called Witty Rewind. It may not be for posterity’s sake, but I hope you’ll enjoy looking back at the previous month with me.
I told myself I’d try a “clean eating on weekdays” approach in March but I most certainly did not. Instead, I started on the 1st with a Mexican fiesta lunch, spent mid-March in San Diego (Mexican food capital of California) and ended the 31st with a wine-and-tacos apartment purge party. Noticing a theme? Ay dios mio. [🌮 eaten: ~20]
Despite having plenty of time to devote to reading on the shuttle and quick flights, I found myself not able to power through any reads the way I normally would. (For context, I can usually get through a book in 2-4 sittings, and a few days’ time.) That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy my March picks, but I do think I was considerably less motivated with my brain on overdrive in work summits and commitments. [📚 read: 3.5]
Some highlights from the madness that was this past month:
- Bowling with dear friends who moved to New York last year
- Celebrating a housemate’s birthday with incredible Cajun cuisine
- Meeting lots of inspiring and empowering women through Junior League of SF
- Attending a newcomer summit for work + getting uplifting insight
- Looking for a new apartment with a current housemate
- Catching up with a longtime friend during her stay in SF before she moves back to NYC
- Checking out a crystal fair (really!) and somehow buying only jewelry
- Hosting my fave former writer for lunch at my new(ish) job
- Happy hour-ing with other former writers and getting the tea
- Helping another former writer with her portfolio
- Spending a week in San Diego with my family
- Experiencing DisneyLand for the first time and seeing my nieces go wild
- Attending a global summit for work + meeting tons of colleagues face-to-face
- Exploring the Exploratorium 😉 and its After Dark series for the first time
- Celebrating a handful of close friends’ birthdays with drinks, dinners, brunches galore
Six people looking at the camera = a Christmas miracle
In the ongoing effort to make me a true resident of this great city, I am beyond thrilled to announce that I’ll finally have assembled furniture in my apartment tomorrow! No more air mattress, no more standing in the kitchen to eat, no more sitting on the floor … unless I’m feeling super hippy-dippy and want to do some yoga. PRAISE IT.
- The Freakin’ World Series: This city is electric with the hopes of a win tonight in Game 7 of the World Series. We may never be Royals, but I think that’s a good thing. Either way, I hope a parade is in the works!
- La Taqueria: My co-workers introduced me to this heavenly little spot last weekend, and I plan to go back for more soon. The carnitas hard-shell tacos were sheer perfection on a plate — no wonder it was named America’s Best Burrito!
- Halloweenie: Hellerrrr, my favorite holiday is Friday! How will I ever live up to the costumes of years past? Easy: I just won’t. I’m still stoked to host a good friend, visiting from San Jose!
- “Black Widow” – Iggy Azalea f. Rita Ora: Iggy absolutely KILLED it on SNL last week, and Rita is like the version of Rihanna I can actually stand. Plus, this tune is perfect for the spooktacular holiday!