A million thanks to all y’all who reached out and were thinking of me this past week. I can never express enough how much it means to me to have you in my corner.
- The Bachelorette: Yes, I’m still a fan despite how petty the boys are from Hannah B.’s season. I’ve never seen any main player on this franchise who is so open about their faith, frustration and fun-loving side. Her narration of (fake) Boston history remains legendary. Is it the most dramatic season ever? Unclear. But damn, I’ll keep watching.
- Saje Natural Wellness: I previously gushed about the diffuser my roomies got me for my birthday last year, so it’s no surprise I’ve since fallen for approximately 20 of Saje’s oils as well. Headache? Peppermint Halo. Stuffy? Inhale. Sultry? Tantra. There’s an oil for everything! Between this and Pine & Patchouli, I’m one happy (non-smelly) camper.
- “ME!” – Taylor Swift f. Brendon Urie: Somehow, I managed to miss featuring this earworm, and TayTay already has a new one out (hold your horses). The bubble-gum, rainbow, magical video set is one thing. Her voice mixed with Brendon Urie’s is another level altogether. Yes, she overacts. Yes, the lyrics are kinda cheesy. But don’t act like you haven’t had this on repeat for months.
- “You Need to Calm Down” – Taylor Swift: In time for Pride, TSwift’s lyrical genius returns with another banger and too many celeb cameos to count. The ultimate message: Support the Equality Act on Change.org. Next week marks 50 years since the Stonewall Inn riots inspired the modern LGBTQ+ movement, and we still have strides to make. There is a complicated debate around her privilege, but I still believe any attention to a worthy cause is better than ignoring or suppressing the spotlight.
If you haven’t watched the most recent season of “The Bachelor” slash have zero interest in it whatsoever, it might be best for you to leave now. Don’t say I didn’t warn you…
- Wine: It’s the only thing that got me through the FIVE HOURS of finale coverage for this ding dang show. I was kicked out of my league about halfway through the season (don’t ask), so I literally had no other reason to watch. Thank goodness for pinot vino, you guys.
- Becca Kufrin: America’s sweetheart became the all-time fan favorite after being chosen by Arie Lyin-dick, then dumped when “getting closer to Becca meant he was losing the chance to reconcile with Lauren.” Oh, you mean like, being committed to your FIANCEE, dude? The worst finale in Bachelor history came with an ultimately happy ending for Becca K., though — she’s already begun her reign as the next Bachelorette.
- The Wine Boyfriend: I promise, this is different from WO #1. I’m thinking Becca and Michael James Schneider should be new besties, since his massively viral wine boyfriend is the best break-up revenge ever. I’ve joked about having a wine boyfriend before, but this is some next-level shit.
- “You Oughta Know” – Alanis Morrisette: Have I taken this theme too far? Never. The quintessential break-up song is timeless, angry, funny and makes you feel all of the things you need after a bad split. Bonus: You don’t even need an ex to appreciate the kick-ass vibes. You, you you, you you!
Mild spoiler alert: If you haven’t seen this week’s “Game of Thrones” or “The Bachelorette,” you may want to stop reading here…
- Applebee’s: Remember when Aidan from SATC was the voice of Applebee’s, and the tagline was “Eatin’ good in the neighborhood”? Ahh, sweet nostalgia. I recently revisited my old HS stomping grounds for after-party karaoke and it didn’t disappoint. 2-4-1 margaritas, shared appetizers and a TWELVE-DOLLAR BILL. Sometimes, it’s good to go back to your roots — and cheaper prices.
- Game of Thrones: I know, I’ve already mentioned GoT in these obsessions before, but this past week’s episode was so damn incredible, I would be a fool to forget it. My superstitious side says it was because it was Episode 07.04, which happens to be my birthday. And my logical side says it was because they’ve been building so many storylines and it was about time for some MAJOR stuff to go down this season. Hot damn 🔥
- “The Bachelorette” Finale… NOT: Booooo, hiss. We waited all season for Rachel Lindsay to pick a perfect mate and I’m quite disappointed with her final rose. The second place suitor wasn’t ready to propose after six weeks of dating, which sounds completely normal outside of Bachelor Nation. Unfortunately, Rachel claimed to have found the real thing elsewhere, and while I wish them well, I don’t understand how she literally cried off her eyelashes over the runner-up and got engaged to someone else the next day. Reality TV at its finest…
- “White Liar” – Miranda Lambert: That karaoke session I mentioned? Well, Daytona’s finest chose this little ditty and my youngest cousin swore up and down it was a Reba McEntire song. I don’t know if I’ve ever laughed as much as I have while hearing his arguments, but I do know I’ll always enjoy hearing this one when it comes up in my playlist.
It should come as no surprise that I’m ex-haus-ted this week. It’s a good problem to have, given how many fun experiences and projects I’ve had lately. But it’s all caught up to me just in time for a wine country day Saturday and the big 3-0 Tuesday. Here’s what’s helping me attempt to unwind before then:
- Tracey Mammolito Photography: The woman responsible for those amazing photos I shared yesterday, y’all. Tracey’s energy was contagious, she made me feel comfortable (despite looking VERY silly in a public park) and her communication was spot-on. If you’re in SF and need a profesh photog, Tracey’s your girl.
- BachFantasy: This isn’t my first rodeo when it comes to betting on “The Bachelorette,” but it is my first season in a BachFantasy league. The recaps are entertaining, and the spreadsheet is a wet dream for OCD nerds like me. We’re up to the mid-season draft, and although I’m pretty far out of first, I’m hoping my dark horse picks will make a comeback soon.
- Sutter Health: Remember that career leap I mentioned yesterday? Well, today I can officially share I’ve accepted an offer to join Sutter Health as their Manager of Content Strategy and Multimedia! Sutter is a not-for-profit network of doctors, hospitals and health services for millions of Californians, and I couldn’t be more excited to call it my next home. I’ll have more to share soon, but at least that cat’s out of the bag 🙂
- “California Girls” – The Beach Boys: Call me old school, but there’s something about this classic that just puts a sunshiney smile on my face. I don’t know that I’m considered a true Californian at just a few years in, but my family can attest to my lifetime appreciation for The Beach Boys. Bonus: They remind me of my dad, and riding around in his beat-up ‘91 Ford Ranger.
Despite needing a few days to recover from Katie’s fantastic visit, I managed to fill up last weekend with plenty of plans. I should be recovered just in time for another whirlwind weekend. It’s an ugly cycle, ain’t it?
- Wrecking Ball Coffee Roasters: I recently met up with a new friend at this delightful little coffee shop. The croissant was delicious, and the iced coffee was the perfect jumpstart to my day. Another SF location is coming soon, and I can’t wait to see this place really take off!
- “The Bachelorette”: I totally hate myself for getting sucked into this series, but Kaitlyn Bristowe is just so entertaining — plus, the guys are equal parts intriguing and repulsive. The pool we’re running at work may or may not also have some influence on my addiction.
- Riley Curry: Kids say the darndest things, and this precocious 2-year-old is no exception. She’s getting national attention for being the freshest addition to any press conference, and she sure as hell knows how to work the camera.
- “Blessings” – Big Sean f. Drake & Kanye West: Now that you’ve fallen in love with Riley, I dare you to listen to this song and not hear “Bwessings” in her voice. Sorry, boys. The toddler wins every time.