The past week with Magz visiting has been an absolute blast — an exhausting blast, mind you — but a blast nonetheless. She’s seen so much and kept me out way past my bedtime … we even closed down the bar Saturday night!
And her faithful travel companion, Flat Stanley, has been quite the little hellraiser. It was hard to narrow down our top picks, but I got by with a little help from my (flat) friend:
- Salsa y Salsa: This Mexican restaurant in Chelsea is the perfect mix of traditional favorites and modern flavors. The margaritas are exceptional, as were the fish tacos. ¡Ay dios!
- Rice to Riches: I was skeptical as any when a friend recommended this concept shop that serves only rice pudding. Boy, is my face red. The Chocolate Chip Flirt was divine and well worth our trek to Chinatown.
- Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum: What else can you do in NYC besides eat? Well, hang out with a bunch of creepy wax figures, of course! The handiwork is actually quite incredible and the atmosphere welcomed our goofing around.
- “Rock of Ages”: We just had to see a Broadway show, and this choice was phenomenal. All of the cast and crew were so talented, and the music reminds us all of a time before selfies and hashtags. Nailed it!
From bills to deadlines to home repairs, I’ve been so productive lately that it’s kind of scaring me into speechlessness.
… Just kidding, you think I’d leave you all hanging? I know you’re only sticking around for the WOs. And who am I to keep those from you?:
- Super Bowl Blvd.: We’re gearing up for Super Bowl in NY/NJ this year, and next week’s festivities throughout Times Square are really exciting. From a 60-foot toboggan slide to a ton of cool events at Macy’s, it’s bound to be a blast.
- A Snowstorm: More than a foot of snow covered the northeast, which was pretty for about an hour before it just got gross. At least the only real suffering was with overcrowded trains and terrible traffic. Phew!
- “Forrest Gump”: Being snowed in does have its benefits, like VH1 movie marathons. If you don’t love this movie, then you are decidedly un-American. That’s all I have to say about that.
- Workaholics on “Conan”: I’m always obsessed with these guys, but they took it to an all-new level with ridiculous antics on Conan’s late-night show. For the millionth time, Adam Devine, will you marry me?