I’ve gone pretty much nonstop since last week, even writing this in between happy hours and other social outings. I’m not complaining, although my marathon of watching Olympics coverage has slowed down considerably.
And, as a sure sign that I’m officially 29, I was just “laying down for a nap” last Friday before this Rave of Thrones event, only to wake up hours later after missing the whole thing.
- Britney/Taylor Mashup Night: I made up for lost time Saturday night with my first-ever visit to famed SF nightclub Bootie, because why else? It was Britney/Taylor Mashup Night! I expected a little more of “Bad Blood… One More Time,” but was truly amazed at the DJs’ abilities to mix Eminem, Black Sabbath and more with the queens of pop.
- Red Dog: Another day, another happy hour. This SOMA bar was the second stop on a night where I said farewell to both current co-workers and former colleagues who were leaving their respective companies. Red Dog was a perfect setting — friendly staff, delicious food and strong drinks.
- Barry’s Boot Camp: In case it wasn’t completely clear, I’m in need of a detox more than anything. Since that’s unlikely to ever happen, I’ve instead taken advantage of promotions through work to try “The Best Workout in the World.” It’s kicked my ass, motivated me and been, truly, one of the best group fitness classes I’ve ever tried. Best of all, the friends I made go with me are still speaking to me.
- Jessica’s “Daily Affirmation”: This toddler’s uplifting pep talk went viral a few years ago, but has recently made a resurgence and I’m not mad about it. Whether it’s your hair or your pajamas or your whole house, I hope you too have things you like and believe you can do anything good!
We’re almost halfway through 2014, people. Can you believe it? I thought summer days were supposed to be long and lazy, but I was apparently mistaken.
- Cousins Take Over!: 2 of my cousins from Florida visited all last week, and they covered more ground than I thought humanly possible. From Broadway shows (four!) to Yankee Stadium, they took Manhattan by storm.
- FIFA World Cup: Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know the World Cup is providing tons of highlights and heartache. From the hottest players to this one who thinks he’s Hannibal Lecter, the drama is nonstop. And, of course: USA! USA! USA!
- “The People’s Couch”: I’m a sucker for all things Bravo, and this little gem is no exception. Watch various groups of people watch TV — sounds silly, right? Well, it is … but it’s also incredibly entertaining. New episodes air Tuesdays at 10 p.m. EST.
- Baby Girl Argues with Bulldog: This just might be the cutest baby video (except for ones with my niece) ever. Her hand gestures really sell the point that she is NOT happy with the family pet. Enjoy!